Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Reverse lights

Options
  • 17-10-2006 7:30pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hi ,

I have a toyota dyna pick-up and the reverse lights aren't working

bulbs are ok - but cannot figure out which fuse could be for the reverse lights.

have looked at all of them and they seem ok.

anyone got any ideas ?? or have a dyna ??

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

if fuses are all ok, could be the reverse light switch which should be located on the gearbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd say the switch is faulty. Usually the fuse for the reverse light circuit will also serve one or two other circuits - so if the fuse is blown chances are you'll notice other circuits not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What year Dyna is it?
    is it 2.5 or 2.4

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

the dyna is '00.

when you say - switch - in or on the engine ??

is it repairable myself ? I had a look at the gear shaft as I thought it might be located near/under there but no. Engine is fairly accessible.

K

just had a quick look.

Gear shaft divides into 2 steel bar levers. these in turn travel along just past the back of the cabin and both enter the engine beside each other.

there does not seem to be an obvious switch at all beside these two levers.

any other helpful stuff to check in the morning ??

thx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The switch is screwed into the gearbox casing. Not necessarily near the shift mechanism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Probably the switch int eh box, as indicated. Easy to find. have a look at the box, there cannot be many electrical connectors going to it if it is a manual box. you'd be looking for a switch with 2 wires, disconnect and connect them together with a wire, see if that does anything. If so it's the switch. If not you'd have to test the connecto rsee if any of hte contacts is live with the ignition on.

found the dis-engaged clip from the enigne

connected it back up and we're laughing :D:D

thx folks for the help.

K

Advertisement