Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is everyone's broadband back to normal...???

Options
  • 17-10-2006 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭

Cork City center

I have the eircom 2MB download package.
    My eircom download speed is hovering at between 40-70KBps
    even though the problem at churchfield is supposedly fixed.
    I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem.

Please reply even if your connection is o.k. so i will know if it is just me.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Hi Thrill,

Yip, my BBand [ same speed as yours with Eircom ] is fine since last Friday or so. In fact I had an Eircom guy on the phone who rang me to ask if all was OK now. That was very nice of them :) I am in Carrigaline.

However I am having some difficulty with uploading to a host company via Dreamweaver since - but this of course may be the host firm itself, but one does get paranoid.

Cheers
    Aidan

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

Anyone any idea what was wrong in Churchfield, did the Eircom guy get to the end of the manual !!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 richman

For sometime my speeds have been very poor. Up and down like a yo-yo and I am with Bt. Some days I can receive 1.75Mb on a 2Mb package and other days very poor service indeed.
    Richman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

I'm on the Churchfield exchange with BT and mine is at my usual 2.60mbps down and 325 kbps up.Checked with http://www.irishisptest.com/runmyspeed.php I'm up in Shandon.

I am on the south side Douglas Area and have just logged on. My download speed a few minutes ago.899mb. I am not worried about the upload speed.

Talking to several people at the office. They have given up on BB, some saying dial up was nearly as fast.

No matter to whom you complain to, one gets no improvement in service. Eash service provider blaming the other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

I am up in Ballyvolane. Was with Smart until recently and speed was fantastic.

However recently switched to Chorus (2MB down) and speeds have been at times appalling (at times slower than dialup), never gone over 1 MB and have already had 2 outages.:mad: Anyone else been with them longer?

I'm by no means a heavy user, only use it for e-mails and surfing, none of that bittorrent stuff or gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭aidanodr

richman wrote:
    I am on the south side Douglas Area and have just logged on. My download speed a few minutes ago.899mb. I am not worried about the upload speed.

Hey Richman,

What service are you on that is giving you nearly 899mbps? :)

I assume you meant 899KBps? [ Kilabytes as opposed to megabytes ]

If you have an actual 899MBps service tell us all fast we want some of that ...

Cheers
    Aidan [ with a bit of tongue in cheek ]

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

Problem not fixed here in Malahide. Getting 1.2 MBps on a BT Ireland 3MB connection. Same for the last fortnight. Wrote to them today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

i am in waterford, only getting 412kbps on a 1 meg connection

professore wrote:
    I am up in Ballyvolane. Was with Smart until recently and speed was fantastic.

However recently switched to Chorus (2MB down) and speeds have been at times appalling (at times slower than dialup), never gone over 1 MB and have already had 2 outages.:mad: Anyone else been with them longer?

I'm by no means a heavy user, only use it for e-mails and surfing, none of that bittorrent stuff or gaming.

Professore.
    We the bad speeds which I have had over the last few weeks with BT, I was going to try Chorus. Now, you have answered a Question I was going to ask. How go it the service? So I suppose I shall wait and see what happens with BT once I can grt through to TS

Richman

• Advertisement
Advertisement