Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Yaris?

Options
  • 17-10-2006 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Im thinking of changing to a 1.0 yaris...Are they economical on petrol etc?? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

yes.

L.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

if your talking about the new one , the engine is quite punchy but in my opinion has awful noise. economy is not great on motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

yes they are very light on petrol, whether you get the new or old model. economy at 75mph won't be great as the engine revs high at this speed. on the whole, it's brilliant on petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Yep....upwards of 50-60mpg I've found.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

what year Yaris were you thinking of, cystic5roses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Yep Its pretty good on fuel economy. I'll second the posts on noise when cruising at 70-75 mph, however for such a high-small (bit of an oxymoron there) car it didn't suffer as much with crosswinds on exposed motorways as I expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

35 fills mine and lasts over a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Trinity1 wrote:
    35 fills mine and lasts over a week.

Yes but do you drive 50 miles in a week or 500? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

I dont know :(

i commute to city centre everyday and back from santry (not far but takes an hour! then just general everyday use a few times a day from a - b, no long journeys though!

Advertisement