Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

balinese/tonkinese kittens

Options
  • 17-10-2006 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Can anyone help me? I am looking to get a balinese or tonkinese female kitten and I don't know where to get one. Before you go off on one about how to look after them, I already know, I have done my research, I just need the information about where I can get one. Any ideas anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

I got my dogs from this site - perhaps some of the people selling kittens might know where to get them. ;)

http://www.donedeal.ie/donedeal/search/search.do?words=kittens&category=animals&county=&Submit=Search

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

vixen598, Balinese kittens are incredibly difficult to get hold of in this country. As far as I am aware there are currently no reputable breeders in Ireland with any available for the time being. There may be some smaller breeders who do not publicise themselves that might have some, but there is no way really of finding out who these people are, except for possibly asking around between Siamese breeders.

As for Tonkinese, they are also difficult to come by, but they're not nearly as elusive as Balinese. Try the following link to a list of SABCCI approved breeders.
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~sabcci/breeders2.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 vixen598

ok, thanks, I wonder why it is so difficult to find them!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Because they are quite often only produced "by accident" by traditional Siamese breeders :)
    A Balinese is caused purely by a spontaneous mutation in a Siamese litter. The only difference genetically between the two is the coat length, which like I said is often unintentional. Unless a breeder is specifically focusing on breeding Balinese (ie. through a Balinese to Balinese mating), the chances of just happening to produce one are quite slim.

Because of the this, the amount of Balinese cats in the country is minimal, and therefore the amount of possible Balinese to Balinese matings is also minimal.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

google sabcci irish cat club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Garth

There is a (reputable) tonkinese breeder here in Ireland now -- heard this a while back. Will PM you if I can find the information.

Advertisement