Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Email 33MB image file?

Options
  • 17-10-2006 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

Any suggestions? I need to email a 33MB .pdf but my email max is 10MB. How do you regulars get around this??

MODS: Sorry if this is more suited to a different forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

yousendit.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

a). Upload it to some webspace
    b). Get a gmail account (or similar)
    c). Send it over ICQ / etc.
    d). Burn it to CD and post it
    e). Use a program like Winrar to add the file to an archive that spans multiple files... in effect chopping the file into smaller pieces to be reassembled at the recieving end.
    Actually, I'd rar/zip it anyway, see what kind of compression you get... not sure how well pdf's compress offhand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Easiest way is to upload it to an online file storage site and send the link on to the reciever to download. Few links but I'm sure someone will recommend a good free on.

http://www.mediamax.com/home/signup_files.aspx?CMP=KNC-GoogOnlineStorage
    http://www.box.net/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

There is a sticky in the Comp/Tech forum on places to upload files from smaller to very large, worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Thank you all very much for your prompt replies.

I did zip it but 19MB was the best I could get. I have gmail, DonkeyStyle, but 10MB is the max. Outlook has a feature to break-up large files and send in multi-parts but unfortunately my recipient is also on gmail and it didn't reassemble the 46 mails. I've registered with yousendit.com but in the meantime I've discovered there is no file size cap on the new "send files" feature in Google Talk. I haven't tried it yet but when my colleague is back online I will. Failing that its back to yousendit.

Thanks again for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭sdssarah

also rememeber that you might be able to send 10MB files, but some people can only receive up to 1MB in their inbox, so think about that too. Definitely the best option is to upload to a webspace and get them to download. Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Yep, went fine with Google Talk.

Advertisement