Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filling Station without any Fuel!!!

Options
  • 17-10-2006 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me why the centra "filling Station" in greystones has they're fuel tanks filled with foam.......it was funny at the start when they opened but now i reckon another filling station in nthe area wouldnt be any harm at all!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

It would seem that Shell filled the underground petrol tanks with foam so the next occupants albeit commercial or residential couldn't or wouldn't sell petrol. Not sure if it was deliberate, but Centra think so. There is another petrol station (Esso) about 1 minute up the road.

There were plans to open 2 petrol stations at the very top of the dual carriage way at Charelsland, opposite Eden Gate at the roundabout, but there doesn't seem to be any movement there :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭dubgirl

Have asked around on this and it would seem shell are known for this
    ie. we don't want to sell here but we don't want anyone else to either! A shame because I really think Greystones needs more options that esso one is a nightmare to get in and out of when busy, also always more expensive than most :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Shell sold the station to property developers - afaik the site has to be decontaminated before anything can be built on it and this takes a couple of years. Filling the tanks with foam is probably part of this process. I think Centra are only there temporarily until development starts.

If you live in Charlesland, it's as quick to go to Kilcoole to get petrol...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,867 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

loyatemu wrote:
    Shell sold the station to property developers - afaik the site has to be decontaminated before anything can be built on it and this takes a couple of years. Filling the tanks with foam is probably part of this process. I think Centra are only there temporarily until development starts.

If you live in Charlesland, it's as quick to go to Kilcoole to get petrol...
    My girlfriend knows the guy who owns the centra shop and she is pretty sure its not temporary. I have heard the same as everyone else though, its just centra til it is turned into apartments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Jabba90

Try the petrol station just as your entering kilcoole. its never that busy and nothing like as busy as the esso at redford park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Tinker13

For anyone driving out from town, the filling station at the North end of Bray seems to be quite cheap for petrol.

Take the 1st Bray exit, fill up and then rejoin the N11 - often ahead of where you would have been if you continued to queue. :D

Advertisement