Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

losing my mind with this

• 17-10-2006 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm having a similar problem to a couple of lads who alreasy posted but im still having trouble.

I am with cinergi broadband,using the BT Voyager modem. Fine. I am trying to hook up my Netgear WGT624 so we can have wireless in the house. The problem is that the laptop is saying it is connected wirelessly (status excellent) but i can't seem to cennect to the internet. I hooked it up etc and got to the router settings screen where it asks me to enter stuff like 'automatically obtain IP address' etc. I played around with everything there and no joy.
    This has me perplexed for days so i would appreciate some help and advice.
    I know advice has been given on this topic alreasy but i cant find any similar threads for netgear routers.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Hi all,
    I'm having a similar problem to a couple of lads who alreasy posted but im still having trouble.

I am with cinergi broadband,using the BT Voyager modem. Fine. I am trying to hook up my Netgear WGT624 so we can have wireless in the house. The problem is that the laptop is saying it is connected wirelessly (status excellent) but i can't seem to cennect to the internet. I hooked it up etc and got to the router settings screen where it asks me to enter stuff like 'automatically obtain IP address' etc. I played around with everything there and no joy.
    This has me perplexed for days so i would appreciate some help and advice.
    I know advice has been given on this topic alreasy but i cant find any similar threads for netgear routers.
    If you can access the routers interface wirelessly, then you don't have a wireless problem - you have a routing probem caused by two routers using the same subnets.

The simplest solution is to set the BT Voyager into Bridged mode. It's not a router I'm familiar with, but it should be covered in the documentation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭loadabollocks

ok thanks i'll give it a go......i got it working before (about a year ago) and it wasnt by doing that....but i cant remember how i did it :confused:

Advertisement