Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Struggeling to find new music... What do you do?

• 17-10-2006 9:18pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys can anyone tell me exactly how they manage to keep up to date with new music? Like every DJ I'm sure I'm always on the lookout for new music, but lately I'm lazy and havn't been getting many new tunes at all - and when Im playing the same songs over and over I get bored and loose interest.

I used to go clubbing a lot, listen to dance music radio shows, and send lots of time on websites. I used to always have the big tunes before I heard it anywhere else, but lately i just have not had the time and I am totally out of the loop, and its frustrating when I know there is so much good music coming out that I'm missing out on. I know people with only a minor interest in dance music but yet they have a bettter more recent collection than I do!

There has got to be a better way! I suppose because of the cast amount of different styles out there, as I am only into a small minority, I find it frustrating trawling websites for hours listening to hundreds of songs to find a handfull I like.

So, I'd really appreciate if you can give me some tips on how you keep up to date. But also, I don't even need the newest stuff, I want all the big tunes from the last months or even years!

The websites I use mainly are:

www.dacerecords.com
    www.tunes.co.uk
    www.juno.co.uk
    www.htfr.co.uk

The type of music I'm into is uplifting funky, chunky house. I recorded a few mixes a while back and I put them online here - there are tracklisings so you can see the type of music I like.

So, can anyone please help me???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Zascar dude ya can't go wrong with Beatport for the sorta stuff you're into...

Check out the House and Electro-house sections along with the VIP free tracks one!

DJ Download is pretty good as well especially new stuff and promos etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Bearshare does it for me! :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Seanie M wrote:
    Bearshare does it for me! :D
    Sure, Soulseek and the likes is great, if you know the same of the song you are looking for. Where do you hear about them in the first place? One other thing I do is find one artist/producer i like and then try to listen to everyhting I can get my hands on by him/her and you will usually pick up names of people they have collaborated with or have remixed their songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

MP3 blogs!

Use hype.non-standard.net to find a blog with a track you like (one you already know). Then look at the blog that posted it and try out a few of the other tracks posted there. Great way of finding new music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭topdog8

http://www.htfr.com/charts/
    try this dude i usually get alot of my tunes off this it usually has month by month top chats in whatever genre your looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Im subscribed to discogs.com and every day based on artists and labels i have in my favourites i get emails of the new additions/releases. Keeps me busy, get about 10-20 new every day now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

hang around on forums, check the monthly "top ten" threads...

nine times out of ten you'll see people charting tunes that are still on acetate... hunt down a few mixes, id the tunes, figure out whether you want them or not, ask the guy in the shop to order in the promo... listen to net radio shows too, you'll generally hear the fresh shizzle there...

i play dnb so it takes up to nine months before a tune hits full release, white label promos are generally around for a month or two before so i snap them up if it's a tune i really want to play, or if it's on a label who are notorious for taking waaaay too long to release stuff, or if i think i'm going to miss the full release for some reason... but if it's on a label who are known for nice artwork i'll wait for the full release..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭peter23

new live dj sets on www.worlddjmixes.co.nr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

Zascar wrote:
    find one artist/producer i like and then try to listen to everyhting I can get my hands on by him/her and you will usually pick up names of people they have collaborated with or have remixed their songs.

This is what I do - and get my hands on as many mixes (with tracklist if possible) as I can.

There's always the production road if you're that sick of no new music... :)

Advertisement