Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

database of speed camera locations

Options
  • 17-10-2006 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

hi.
    anyone know where i can get an electronic database of the new speed camera locations being rolled out in ireland, preferrably as a pdf file (like e.g they have for the recently updated penaltypoints offences).

i see the independent had a list of them but i'd prefer an
    electronic version to keep with me e.g on a pda.

also, anyone know if i can get the database for use with my satnav app like they have with the uk speed camera locations; just wondering if an irish version is available yet.

any info much appreciated.
    thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i would also like to see this.anyone got one or even a website link

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Erm arent the majority of speed cameras in Ireland mobile ones? Not much good tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

This is probably a stupid statement, but where did the Independant get the list from in the first place? Did they nick it and print it without approval, or do the authorities think its a good idea for only independant readers to have access to this knowledge? Surely if the list were real and it was supposed to be in the public domain, it should have been in all the papers and perhaps online somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Right, surely *somebody* has a copy of this paper that they scan in?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

There is a website with a searchable database of Irish Speed Trap locations coming soon. It is due to be launched within the next month. The address is (will be!) www.irishspeedtraps.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement