Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2142 patch out already

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

simple thing tbh, and i wish DICE would explain it before making a show of themselves (again)

the game code went gold about 2 weeks ago and went off to be pressed onto shiny discs for everyone, but since then they changed some code.

so, if you buy retail you must patch, if you download you get the newer code avec patch, so you're all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭PrivateSmokey

Will you listen to yourself, Fine, grand, yea, thats ok,no problem, bend over there,:mad: making a show of themselves (again) that bit is OK:D

On another note EA have are Due to close a UK office with the loss of 50 Developers jobs Nice takeover guys.now the fun starts.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Will you listen to yourself, Fine, grand, yea, thats ok,no problem, bend over there,:mad: making a show of themselves (again) that bit is OK:D

Quite a lot of games have had patches, haven't they?
    On another note EA have are Due to close a UK office with the loss of 50 Developers jobs Nice takeover guys.now the fun starts.

That's all because you lot wouldn't buy 2142. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

but a patch on launch is common in games...

and EA shut down DICE Canada too... but i think the devs rather then loosing jobs just get moved around EA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Dreamcrusher

Silverfish wrote:
    Quite a lot of games have had patches, haven't they?
    BEFORE theyre released??

hahaha....oh god, this is really getting better and better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭EWheelChair

They're trying to get the game out on a deadline, some things will go unoticed. And im willing to bet alot of developers start work on patches before games are released, they just mightened make it so obvious.

Hardly the end of the world :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

lol this is gonna be worse than bf2. lol 2142 must really mean the amount of patches the need before the game will actually be bug free

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

TBH, I prefer a patch now, rather than 3 months later. At least now, they are fixing something before people start moaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

:mad: another battlefield I'll not be able to play online with the lappie then! (weirdly, BF2 and BF2142 games install fine, but i could never get BF2 patches to complete.. they always sorta 'died' halfway through!). Must be down to the spec :(

Advertisement