Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Car(s)

Options
  • 17-10-2006 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I'ce only recently had to start driving and up until now myself and my girlfriend have used the one car. Anyway, we now need two. We currently have a 06 Yaris which we're looking to trade for 2 older cars. I went back to Denis Mahony's to see what we could get and I saw a 02 Corolla liftback 1.3. My question, is this a good car? It looks a bit 80's to me, but I know I shouldn't base my decision on looks.

At a Citroen dealer we could get a 02 Xsara but I've heard way too many horror stories about Citroen and especially the Xsara to head in that direction.

Advice appreciated,
    Loon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

to be honest, it's not a great idea getting out of the 06. better to buy 98/99 low mileage liftback (which will essentially be the same as the 02 liftback) for a few grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Sorry, should have explained better. If I trade in the Yaris I can get the 02 corolla and a 01 corsa for the girlfriend. Really, the main question I have is, is the Corolla a good car? Sorry, but I'm relatively new to all this. I know Toyota are generally a good reliable car but just wanted to know people's opinions. I personally would like a VW

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Dr. Loon wrote:
    Sorry, should have explained better. If I trade in the Yaris I can get the 02 corolla and a 01 corsa for the girlfriend. Really, the main question I have is, is the Corolla a good car? Sorry, but I'm relatively new to all this. I know Toyota are generally a good reliable car but just wanted to know people's opinions. I personally would like a VW

My father had a 2000 Corolla from new for 4 years and it never gave any trouble. One of the buttons on the radio broke and that was it.

To be honest the dealer is getting the better deal here not you. Did you consider selling the 06 Yaris privately? Might be an option. Or keep the 06 Yaris and buy a late 1990s cheap small car like a Corsa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

bazz26 wrote:
    To be honest the dealer is getting the better deal here not you. Did you consider selling the 06 Yaris privately? Might be an option. Or keep the 06 Yaris and buy a late 1990s cheap small car like a Corsa.

Yeah, keep the Yaris and spend peanuts on a '90's Japanese car...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

pburns wrote:
    Yeah, keep the Yaris and spend peanuts on a '90's Japanese car...
    Makes more sense to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Doesn't make sense to get rid of the 06. just buy something cheap, and have one really good car.

Advertisement