Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pat Kenny in Moyross

• 17-10-2006 10:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

Pat Kenny's radio show was in Moyross, Limerick this morning.

Probably the best two hours the man has broadcast in years.

Pat went out on the estate the night before, talking to locals, community leaders and representatives, poiliticians... explaining why this area has a bad name, not trying to gloss over the issues, but also providing hope with those who work and live there, getting good news from the area too.

Good stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

Just heard on Gerry Ryan that some local kid pulled a gun on The Plank!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Stop reading the tabloids! I heard nearly all of the prog and it was much better then I expected. 2 hours of radio has proberly done more for that benighted place than 20 years of politics.

Late Late Show follows

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Now I only heard a small bit,but what struck me was the amount of people who thought it was a great place,when it it obviously a kip.

Denial????

Maybe thats the problem

Its the place they call home.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Yeah, i read about that in the local papers... actually the Limerick Leader which has a name of making the city look like a hell hole, the taboilds took that story and went further with it.

Kenny was walking along and started talking to 'youths' one of the had a gun, showed it to Kenny who then joked about it. Not exactly as dramatic or exciting, but to be honest.. i'm pretty impressed that Kenny didnt have a big deal about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Kenny is a brave man. Imagine hosting the late late and not honestly thinking he'd be shot.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

i'm pretty impressed that Kenny didnt have a big deal about it!

He reportedly said to them "put that away before someone gets hurt", as if he was their father!

I didn't get to hear the program, anyone know where I could download or stream it? I suppose the RTE site, but anyone got a direct link to the stream or download?

The RTE streams only last a week I think.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Yes you are quite correct mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

sudzs wrote:
    Just heard on Gerry Ryan that some local kid pulled a gun on The Plank!!! :eek:

Yeah I heard this too. It was a real gun, no joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

It wasn't "pulled on him" -- some kid took it out and showed him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

DaveMcG wrote:
    It wasn't "pulled on him" -- some kid took it out and showed him.
    as you do:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

So DonnybrookGhost was there, saw and examined the gun ?

Any reports I've heard since have emphasised that it was a fake gun; still an issue, since some scumbags will still use these to threaten and rob, but a far cry from the exaggerated crap that was in the tabloids....

As usual, though, it only takes one or two brain-dead idiots to make Limerick hit the headlines......

Advertisement