Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair Relaxing

• 17-10-2006 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I have very frizzy,curly and poofy hair and Im tired of spending 3 hours straightening it.So im looking for a more long term solution.I have been told that there are relaxing producting which straightening your hair for a few months at a time.can anyone recommend of these and let me know where they are available.Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

AFAIK you get it done in a hairdressers and it lasts for about 6 weeks each time. I know of people who have done it, and it worked nicely.

I think it's like the opposite of a perm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

i get it done and its easy u get a perm lotion and instead of putting the hair in curlers you just comb it straight, works a treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jen315

anyones that you can do yourself at home?

most of them u can and the perm lotion doesnt cost more than a tenner...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I saw a 'permanent' straightening kit in boots, their own brand just a couple weeks back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

i get it done and its easy u get a perm lotion and instead of putting the hair in curlers you just comb it straight, works a treat.

Would you blow dry it aswell, or leave it dry naturally? And
    in your opinion whats the best product to use. oh and how long would that last for, approx. Sorry for all the questions,
    was just wondering,
    Matty

well i had mine done months and months ago and apart from having had quite a bit chopped off my hair it would have been fine... any perm lotion works but my mam was a hairdresser years ago and she said she used velveteen all the time and it was brill, last time i blowdried mine and was great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Oh right ok. Sounds good to me, will try it sometime,
    thanks,
    matty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jen315

Thanks for the help

Advertisement