Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing a pup from UK

Options
  • 17-10-2006 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering,other than going over there,is their any safe and reliable way to get a pup in from the UK.

Myself and the GF are finding it hard to get a Lhasa Apso pup in Ireland but they are a bit more common in England.We are trying to get a 'replacement' for Zoe who died a couple of months ago.

On the face of it I don't think it would be good for a puppy to be subjected to a long car and sea journey and a second long car journey.

I'm just wondering if anyone on here has done it and how did you get on ? Although I'd say we'll wait 'til one turns up in Ireland.

Thanks

Seven Worlds will Collide

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I re-home dogs to the UK and if the transport is being carried out with lots of stops and TLC, I can't see any lasting damage to the dog whatsoever. And at the end of the journey a loving home is waiting. I'd say go for it!

Advertisement