Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

E240 Avantgarde ( 2.6 L V6 ) - Opinions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

galwaytt wrote:
    the 02-06 cars are complete rubbish. Fact.

You must be joking :eek:

The W211 is vastly superior to the W210. MB quality issues started welll earlier than '02 and have nothing to do with the switch between these models

Oh and the asking price of your car is a bit on the optimistic side too to put it as diplomatically as possible ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

unkel wrote:
    Maybe not for you or for me, but there's an awful lot to be said for current generation Mercedes-Benz cars. Their styling has never been beaten by any other car. Simple, elegant and timeless are other words that spring to mind. It is very sad imho that the image now is less than it used to be :(
    I couldn't agree more. The current gen e-class estate is a beautiful design. A future classic, no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I know 3 people with new E class, all have been plagued with problems, one car spending one out of its seven months in the dealers on 8 different occasions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

I saw a new one (the face lift W211) and it looks a right load of balls with the pointy grill, far too ....american....I thought. Looks a 1980s Chrysler. Not that I've ever seen one, but that's what a 1980s Chrysler image conjures up in my head.

The sooner Daimler offload Chrysler the better, but these days most other manufacturers with the sort of finance necessary are going half into bankruptcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Unkel - if the 02 onwards cars are such great cars, why did MB drop the Servo brake system - you try getting a used warranty on one of those, or parts, in 10 yrs time............

As for price of my car - you seem to be confusing my car with cheaper models - elegance/classic.

Oh, and silver.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,400 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

galwaytt wrote:
    As for price of my car - you seem to be confusing my car with cheaper models - elegance/classic.

Oh, and silver.

I'm not confused and I do love the colour of your car. Avantgarde, leather and auto are great too. Lovely car by all means and I mean it!

No way you'll get anywhere near your asking price though in a private sale. A similar spec W211 newer year car could be had for less...

Advertisement