Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why was the MMM thread moved to the IWW sticky?

• 17-10-2006 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

CHARTER wrote:
    3. All Irish organisation upcoming cards/results/news to be placed into the relevant sticky. Discussions can take place in normal threads

As it says in the charter, announcemnets of Irish events go to the stickies, discussions can go on as normal, yet leggo starts a thread on would people like MMM as IWW champ (admittedly while plugging the rest of the card), and it gets moved. Why did this happen? Is it mis communication between the moderators or what?

No wonder so many people refuse to use this board anymore :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

gimmick wrote:
    As it says in the charter, announcemnets of Irish events go to the stickies, discussions can go on as normal, yet leggo starts a thread on would people like MMM as IWW champ (admittedly while plugging the rest of the card), and it gets moved. Why did this happen? Is it mis communication between the moderators or what?

No wonder so many people refuse to use this board anymore :rolleyes:

It is because the Mods here seem to be unable to let genuine discussion flow here when it comes to Irish wrestling for fear of some idiots letting rip personal vendettas in lieu of being able to rationally discuss what a fed is up to. Having a stickie for a fed lets their promoting of local action without having to let us debate actual goings on in them; it's a kop out I know but it's the best we seem to get from them. :(

As a matter of interest and on a seperate issue, is it correct to say that the Mods on this forum are in any way associated with any of the irish promotions or have been in the last 3 years, and if so who and where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Sigh

Had no problem with the post itself - what I did have a problem was it just wasnt confined to MMM discussion, it advertised the entire card - which in essence is against the charter.

I even pm'ed leggo (the original posted) when I had moved it, explained why I have moved and encouraged him to repost again about MMM without the unncessary advertising :)

In fact if you read the charter again - which most of you seem incapable of doing

3. All Irish organisation upcoming cards/results/news to be placed into the relevant sticky. Discussions can take place in normal threads

I repeat for those of you who seem incapable of reading, the charter says

and as for
    As a matter of interest and on a seperate issue, is it correct to say that the Mods on this forum are in any way associated with any of the irish promotions or have been in the last 3 years, and if so who and where?

The answer in relation to me...is no...atleast not since I did someone's website :)

note
    yet leggo starts a thread on would people like MMM as IWW champ (admittedly while plugging the rest of the card), and it gets moved. Why did this happen? Is it mis communication between the moderators or what?

That is exactly why I moved it - he was plugging the rest of the card - which is against the charter....simple as that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

So we are allowed discuss the cards of american wrestling, but not Irish? The main thrust of the original thread was about MMM, and no doubt, had the thread been allowed develop we would have seen thats the path it would have followed. Now it is just hidden in a sticky.

And for the record, i read the charter, even made suggestions to it when you tidied it up a few months ago. Hence the reason I quoted it in the first place.

gimmick wrote:
    So we are allowed discuss the cards of american wrestling, but not Irish? The main thrust of the original thread was about MMM, and no doubt, had the thread been allowed develop we would have seen thats the path it would have followed. Now it is just hidden in a sticky.

And for the record, i read the charter, even made suggestions to it when you tidied it up a few months ago. Hence the reason I quoted it in the first place.

ok for the last time, where in the charter does it say you CANT talk about the Irish wrestling scene

The charter is specific about

It says DISCUSSION can take place in normal threads - thats pretty damn clear.

Advertising in one place - discussion in another - wow, it must take some kind of genius to figure that out....you know sometimes I wonder why I bother explaining this, over and over and over again

NOTE

In fact I have made another change to the charter

3. All Irish organisation upcoming cards/results to be placed into the relevant sticky. Discussions can take place in normal threads

Now there can be absolutely no confusion whatsoever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

You know what, screw it. From what I read of it with my obviously dimwitted eyes, it was a discussion to discuss MMMs upcoming matach with Galloway.

If that is so hard for the mods to comprehend, well then to hell with it. Posting here is not worth it.

out.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote:
    You know what, screw it. From what I read of it with my obviously dimwitted eyes, it was a discussion to discuss MMMs upcoming matach with Galloway.

If that is so hard for the mods to comprehend, well then to hell with it. Posting here is not worth it.

out.

Dont let the door hit you on the ass on the way out...cya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

seeyerafter. This place is a mess and its as strict as anywhere else on boards.ie which is usually harmonious enough. What does that tell you? The posters here 50% of the time are idiots, they are either trollers, spammers or reps for an irish wrestling company who use the place as free advertising.
    99% of the threads about Irish wrestling that take place outside of the stickies are started by reps from irish companys.
    If you want to start a thread about something happening in an IWW show, CPW show whatever, do so but do not list the matches etc that will be considered advertising.
    Get it together you are like a bunch of 15 year old wrestling fans..oh wait..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

bombidol wrote:
    seeyerafter. This place is a mess and its as strict as anywhere else on boards.ie which is usually harmonious enough. What does that tell you? The posters here 50% of the time are idiots, they are either trollers, spammers or reps for an irish wrestling company who use the place as free advertising.
    99% of the threads about Irish wrestling that take place outside of the stickies are started by reps from irish companys.
    If you want to start a thread about something happening in an IWW show, CPW show whatever, do so but do not list the matches etc that will be considered advertising.

So correct me if I am wrong here, which is allowable as a seperate thread.

IWW wrestler MMM is wrestling a match in Dublin?
    An Irish wrestler, MMM, is wrestling a match?
    MMM is wrestling an Irish match?
    A wrestler who happens to be Irish is wrestling?
    IWW is having a match with it's own wrestler IWW?
    MMM is wrestling a match?

I'm confused, I'm only 15 according to the Mods:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I don't follow heavily the Irish screne so I don't have any axe to grind or promtotion to plug.

But in relation to the mods, I think its disrespectful (if I read you correctly) to say that 50% of the posters on here are idiots.

I think the attitude of the mods at times could be a little bit better too. I don't think theres a need to be so confrontational about things.

This should be a board where people feel welcome in my opinion. Telling people to not let the door hit them on the ass on the way out (even if it is gimmick!) should n't be the way to go.

If it makes you feel better you can include yourselves in the 50% that Arent idiots. listen, you dont have to deal with the deleting threads and posts and banning fools on a constant basis.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

as a part time poster here (bet you can tell from my post count :) ) but a mod on another forum, I know what a difficult life the mods here have, spam bots cause havock on boards like this. Another difficulty is giving away free advertising, if people weren't taking advantage of the "freeness" of this site then the carter wouldn't have to be envoked.

My understanding is that if you want to say "Wow, did ya see the card for next Sunday, blah against blah, numpty against numpty", you put it in the sticky, if you want to say "wow, did ya see the match last Sunday, blah against blah was fantastic, numpty was hardcore against numpty, can't wait for the rematch" you can start a new thread.

Sorry if I'm in the wrong 50%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm not trying to tell any mods how to do their job but would it not have been better to delete the details about the card and leave in the bits that were related to the discussion. In other words, leave the bit about MMM? After all that is what the title of the thread was I think?

I also echo Vince's thoughts on the treatment of gimmick. This is my favourite forum on Boards and even though there are a lot of casual fans, personally I have a lot of respect for what I would regard as the hardcore fans here and I think it's a shame to be at each other's throats.

No chance of a peaceful resolution here? After all if 40 year old wrestlers can reunite, so can anybody surely...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Larry David

I heard one of the mods has bug eyes, and he holds that against people on here, so that's why he rules unfairly.

Heh you'd think I publicly crucified gimmick or something like that.

He made a post, I replied, I explained exactly what I had done and why I did it - well above what I should have done.

He got into a huff and stomped off, and I just told him not let the proverbial dorr hit him in the ass. If I was that much of a dick I would have banned him and loads others - as its stands no one is banned, etc.

As for why I didnt edit the original post - maybe I should have, but I felt a point needed to be made about the charter - which I clearly did :)

I apologise for nothing I have said or implied here. I did what I thought was fair and to be continually under the scrutiny of keyboard warriors who "ponder" what associations I/other mods might have with wrestling organisations - well it just reeks of someone fishing for another reason to bitch about the board/mods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I heard one of the mods has bug eyes, and he holds that against people on here, so that's why he rules unfairly.

Eh... lol i'd shake your hand if you said which one. You wouldn't post here again but still :D

Can't see a solution to this problem really, You give out if your strict and then if your not, ppl say there are no mods on the board etc...
    Not an enviable situation for mods.
    In this case though, I think it was an advertisment more than anything else and Ph3n0m acted right. so get off his case.

Stalfos wrote:
    Eh... lol i'd shake your hand if you said which one. You wouldn't post here again but still :D

This guy:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Zip

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hillarious...larry i take my hat off to you on that one:D

This guy:

yay me I am famous or atleast a pic of me 10 years ago is :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

lol, larry went one better than naming him. Your the king :D

Your not doing the people's eye brow in that photo by any chance Ph3nom?

Stalfos wrote:
    lol, larry went one better than naming him. Your the king :D

Your not doing the people's eye brow in that photo by any chance Ph3nom?

excuse me, that is the ph3n0m eyebrow, and was such long before it was the "peoples eyebrow"

man I look lovely in that pic.....but alas 10 years of boozing has ravaged my once "good" looks

plus I dont have bug eyes :)

• Advertisement

I can vouch for the non bug eyes. on both of us.

bombidol wrote:
    I can vouch for the non bug eyes. on both of us.

That said I do have the largest genitalia of all mods on boards.ie, even when I am cold

Ph3n0m wrote:
    plus I dont have bug eyes :)

Dude - we can all see the picture! Are you just trying to convince yourself?

Dude - we can all see the picture! Are you just trying to convince yourself?

cool, so we are looking at the same picture now....so were are the bug eyes and how do they affect me modding this forum. if anything I can see things much clearer then you...therefore I am great and you are not - yay me and my all seeing eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

If mods ever tell me to get back on topic here again I will quit life once and for all.

leggo wrote:
    If mods ever tell me to get back on topic here again I will quit life once and for all.

hehehe get back on topic.

ok enough fun, thread closed :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement