Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dual Sim adapter

• 17-10-2006 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭

Anybody used one of these?
    ie. 2 sim cards from different networks but one phone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Yeah I used to have one on my (now antique) Nokia 3310. There are probably better ones now but this one was very simple. You had the two sims in the device which fitted into the back cover of the phone and a ribbon that led to the sim card holder. You turn the phone on and then off/on to swtich to the other network, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭Ogie16

Sounds good.
    See i've an O2 number that would be my main phone. But a lot of my friends are on meteor so i could use that for the free texts.
    Presume the phone needs to be unlocked first

It would yes, I assume there are better dual sim adapters probably easier to use these days.

would they be availible in the phone shops?
    could buy on internet but if i bought in shop they mite explain it fully

Not entirely sure if you can buy them in shops, on the web, definitely. Here is the type I had, what type of a phone have you got?

• Advertisement

its a nokia 6030. will have a look around see what i find

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

http://www.sundasim.com/product2.htm is the most reliable as I found out to my expense. PM me if you want more information

You're looking at Product B - nothing else works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i bought one before on ebay. didn't work so i threw it out. it only cost €7 though so i didn't care that much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

just a note: you cannot be connected to both networks at the same time. you have to power off and on your phone to activate each sim

lazygit wrote:
    just a note: you cannot be connected to both networks at the same time. you have to power off and on your phone to activate each sim

no the one i use, it's a menu item to switch networks and with the newer phones you can assign a shortcut to switch.

you cant switch between 3g and gsm - that's the only snag

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

So you physically cut your sim cards to fit it in? Bit drastic isnt it?

CiaranC wrote:

s'pose it's better than carrying two lumps around with you if you need to have two lines

CiaranC wrote:

I thought that was a bit strange also. :)

Ruu wrote:
    I thought that was a bit strange also. :)

well you only cut off the bit you don't need and if you change your mind or want to use as single sim, place in enclosed adapter and put in singly
    it's just a matter of choice.
    fact is the non cut ones wont work with the newer SIMs and phones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Raideneire

I've got both types from simseeker.com

I'm testing out the ribbon type but having difficulties with that fact that it's a 3G phone (6233). I know it's not supposed to work, but I'm curious what the difference is as there are adaptors that can be got for 3G cards/phones which are also ribbon type. I am reluctant to cut the cards until i can be sure. Also, i keep hearing reference to '3G sims' - is the such a thing? I am using the same VF/O2 sims i have had all along in my 2G phones...? I've also tried 'turning off' 3G on the phone using GSM only but still the same results. The sim(s) will randomly un-register and loose signal, then work fine for 5 mins or 5 hours and so on..

Anybody shed any light?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

there is such a thing as a 3g sim. the fact that they're both ribbon adapters means nothing. the electronics in the 3g and non 3g ones are different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 violetearring

I got a simseeker standard (non cutting) and simseeker compact (cutting) from simseeker.com. they both work really well...i didn't want to cut my sims :( but i had to for my razr cos the non cutting one wouldnt fit but its actually really easy :rolleyes: . they give u a template to cut them and recovery cards if you want to go back to using one. defo recommend them. :D

Advertisement