Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favorite DS9 ep ?

• 18-10-2006 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Ive always prefered ds9 myself to any other series, purely on the ammount of space battles that have happened.

So what im wondering is what if your fav ep from all 7 series ?

Mine would have to be se04ep1+2 ( the way of the warrior )

This is the ep where worf joins the ds9 crew in a attempt to handle the kilngons, And where the first major battle of terrak nor happen. Still better then any other ep.

So what do you lads think ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Season 4 ep 2? "the visitor" Its the one where jake sisko spends his life trying to save his father after seeing him be "killed" on the defiant

Its not offen that i would feel in anyway moved by a tv show but this one sure did the trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

The one where Sisko asks Garrek to help convince the Romulans to join the war.

That episode quite nicely sums up why I love Garrek so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

The Die is the cast

2 parter in which odo and gereck discover a talsiar/obsidian order plot to destroy the founders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

i'll 2nd steven,

"in the pale moonlight" is a classic ds9 episode,

its dark, on the edge and garak and sisko are brilliant.

but the finishing arc of 10 eipisodes is some of the finest TV ever, but at 450 minutes of tv time it wouldnt be right to pick it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

bizmark wrote:
    Season 4 ep 2? "the visitor" Its the one where jake sisko spends his life trying to save his father after seeing him be "killed" on the defiant

Its not offen that i would feel in anyway moved by a tv show but this one sure did the trick.

+1 for "the Visitor".

Best single ep of any Trek ever, IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Steven wrote:
    The one where Sisko asks Garrek to help convince the Romulans to join the war.

That episode quite nicely sums up why I love Garrek so much.

I have to agree with this - that episode is my favourite DS9 ep, also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Gah you bloody saps, with your acting and dark story lines.

I wanna see **** blown up. I wanna see hand to hand combat. I wanna hear worf say " Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

anti wrote:
    Gah you bloody saps, with your acting and dark story lines.

I wanna see **** blown up. I wanna see hand to hand combat. I wanna hear worf say " Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam "
    Oh, sorry. Well, in that case I meant to say my favourite ep of DS9 is whatever Anti says it is. OK, now? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'll have to go with the Season 1 episode 'Duet'

It's the one where pretty much the whole episode was Major Kira interrogating a suspected Cardassian war criminal. It had some fantastic dialogue in it.

Oh, sorry. Well, in that case I meant to say my favourite ep of DS9 is whatever Anti says it is. OK, now? ;)

Thats more like it :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Not sure if it's my overall favourite, but one that's always stuck in my mind is an episode which follows a group of lower ranked characters (who I don't think had much to do in the show before or after) as they investigated an old abandoned DS9-style space station.

Bit of a 'different' episode, great suspense as I remember.

Don't know the name of it though.. think it was around Season 5 or 6.

Sort of failed to get into DS9 unfortunately.. I can see why it's regarded as the best Trek, but I just didn't like the first few seasons while TNG was still going on. It seemed like a poor substitute. It got good then no doubt, but after the fifth season I kept tuning in half way through some huge story arc and just not bothering :(

Hopefully I'll have the disposable income at some stage to pick the lot up on DVD.

oh dear. Thats gonna cost ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

they expensive if bought at full price, but worth it.

prob the best series to have on boxed set cause of the contuinuing story arc's, unlike TNG where they mostly stand alone episodes.

goodshape, that episode is "Empok nor", one of o'briens best episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Another vote for "In the Pale Moonlight" and "The Vistor" here too.

"Waltz" is another outstanding episode. Gotta love the unhinged Gul Dukat! :)

I can see this going to become another thread, so allow me to have the honours :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

What about the unaired pilot where they just blew every mother****ing member of the cast up in a horrible ferengi planted explosion and the rest of the episodes were never made? WAHEY for that one.
    DS9. Grrrr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Justice wrote:
    i'll 2nd steven,

"in the pale moonlight" is a classic ds9 episode,

its dark, on the edge and garak and sisko are brilliant.

but the finishing arc of 10 eipisodes is some of the finest TV ever, but at 450 minutes of tv time it wouldnt be right to pick it.

yep..definitely one of the best episodes..especially Garek's twist at the end..
    Another I can't remember the name off nor have I ever seen it is one near the end of DS9 involving a ground based battle between Starfleet and the Dominion...supposed to be a fantastic eps reminisient of Saving Private Ryan (beach scene). Anyone know the name of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

yep..definitely one of the best episodes..especially Garek's twist at the end..
    Another I can't remember the name off nor have I ever seen it is one near the end of DS9 involving a ground based battle between Starfleet and the Dominion...supposed to be a fantastic eps reminisient of Saving Private Ryan (beach scene). Anyone know the name of it?
    That's either the Bashir/Jake Sisko-focused one isn't it - Nor the Battle to the Strong (S5E4) or The Siege of AR-558 (S7E8)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

that's it "Battle to the Strong" must "ahem" acquire it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lukemckeown

dont you think your all gay?:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement