Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Side grip thingys for handlebars?

Options
  • 18-10-2006 3:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

What do you call the hand grips on the side of the handlebars? :o

BAR-END5.JPG

I need to get them for my mountain bike as my hands hurt after a while.

Edit;

I see they're called "BAR ENDS", any ideas how much a pair would cost?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

BreadBoard wrote:

I see they're called "BAR ENDS", any ideas how much a pair would cost?

€10 - 230 depending on the model

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

I got a pair for 20 yoyos but tbh, I wouldn't bother - you can't brake while using them and they're not actually that comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Don't listen to milod, I couldn't live without them when I had straight bars! They are perfect for your situation of your hands getting sore after a while as they will give you another few hand positions (principally bottom and top of the bars.)

They are also invaluable for climbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Thanks guys, going to go to my local cycle store tomorrow to pick up a cheap pair.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I have them - but all I ever use them for is steep hills when I can just grip them with my fists for moral support :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

just make sure not to walk into them while your bike is sitting in your hallway and you are trying to get by. It hurts, or so some guy once told me

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

King Raam wrote:
    It hurts, or so some guy once told me
    I know that guy, doesnt he go by the name Sarah now?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

They're also dead handy for catching poles close to the edge of the pavement when you're squeezing between cars and the kerb...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

milod wrote:
    They're also dead handy for catching poles close to the edge of the pavement when you're squeezing between cars and the kerb...
    Cool :D

Advertisement