Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

T9 predictive text...

• 18-10-2006 9:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

How do you use this T9 feature on your phone? I mean how can i add new words?:confused: Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I imagine that would depend on the handset/operator. My Motorola v535 has a temporary memory of any new words that I use.

We have a forum for Phones here too, so you might expect this thread moved there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Depending on the phone........ My SE adds automatically when you 'Spell Word'.

Cal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

How do you use this T9 feature on your phone? I mean how can i add new words?:confused: Thanks

The T9 is great..one press per letter (good tip till you get used to it is not to look at the word your spelling till its finished)
    For example if you wanted to spell hello youd press 4 (for H) 3 (for E) 5 twice (for L L) and 6 once for o...Got it...

if you spell see you tomorrow night ..Night will come up as might (as its the same letters) press star for your alternative words move on to next word when you see the word you want (press zero for a space)

If the word you want isnt in the dictionary (after pressing star repetadly) you'll see it gives you an option to spell..(this adds the word to your dictionary..In some phones though if they are powered off your dictionary starts all over again..(pain)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

T9 is great. unfortunatley on my Panasonic it's a nightmare, which is a shame cos its a lovely phone. I literally once typed in "2am" about 2 weeks ago, now whenever I type in "can" which is 20 times a day I still get 2am...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 maze

Check out this site http://www.t9.com

There's some tips there on how to use it and some texting game too that might help you practice and get your fingers all loose and nimble.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭master_kennette

Thanks for the link maze... I use T9 most of the time, then I'm forced to switch back to alpha because it won't let me write certain words or names not included in its dictionary. :(

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

What phone is it? Usually you can add words to the dictionary.

I got a nokia N90, before I was using iTap with my Moto phone, but now Im trying to get familiar with T9 it took me some time to get use to it but I love it now. Thanks for the replies. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭dohouch

I learned something on that T9 site. Have 6230i and didn't know that after pressing 1 for a full stop, I could then press the * key to cycle through the punctuation marks. Handy. Also I couldn't figure out how to use chat text. The example they give is "cul8r" but all I get is "bul8v"

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

yep the site was help full. I was late to find out about it myself. Makes text messaging so much easier now, I was so amazed once I found out about it... but then I'm forced to switch back to alpha because it won't let me write certain words or names not included in its dictionary.

• Advertisement

... but then I'm forced to switch back to alpha because it won't let me write certain words or names not included in its dictionary.

If your in "predictive mode" and no word is suggested then it gives you the option to spell it in alpha, which you can do any way you want to, and then the next time you want to use the same word or your own spelling it will be suggested

dohouch
    "Also I couldn't figure out how to use chat text. The example they give is "cul8r" but all I get is "bul8v"

Have just figured out how to do the "cul8r" in predictive text. I short pess 2,8,5,8,7. I was holding the the 8 key untill 8 actually came up. The damm thing is too smart!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 maze

Every since I found out that the 0 key cycles through words, it's been a god send. 8-) Chat text is cool too.

Advertisement