Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irishbroadband contact details

Options
  • 18-10-2006 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭

Guys, does anyone know the posting address for Neil Parkinson, the CEO of irishbroadband.
    Has anyone ever written to him??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

I think he is based in the Sandyford office.
    http://www.irishbroadband.ie/contact.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Thats where I am intending to send it anyway, just wanted to be sure.
    Here is the letter I wrote to him and sending today:

16 October 2006

Mr. Neil Parkinson
    Irish Broadband
    Unit 6
    Sandyford Business Centre
    Sandyford Industrial Estate
    Dublin 18.

Dear Mr. Parkinson,

I am writing to you in relation to a dreadfully poor and utterly unprofessional way in which I am being treated by your company.

I signed up to your breeze service in January 2006 and had the equipment installed later in the month. The engineers were asked that day would there be a problem with line of sight or quality of service and they informed me there would not.
    The service in the subsequent two to three months was standard and I was pleased with service I was paying for.
    It was April of this year when I first noticed a reduction in speed. I thought this was normal and brushed it off as temporary congestion. However, this became a characteristic of the service and the problem only got worse over the next six to eight weeks. Finally in June I decided I had to bring this to your company’s attention.
    The speed had become slower than my old dial up and working on the net was impossible, so slow was the connection. I contacted your customer support at once and from the word go this process descended into a nightmare. I was assured this was a known issue and that there was a problem with one of your sites on the Clarion hotel in Limerick. The customer service representative I spoke with assured me this would be resolved shortly and I would be compensated for the loss of service once the service was restored.
    Two Weeks later I still had not been contacted and the service was now at a crawling speed. Web pages would not load, I could not send or receive emails, so slow was the connection.
    I decided to call again and when I finally got through to a representative, I was advised the problem was resolved and normal service was restored. Of course I explained, I did not have “normal service” and was still trying to connect at a crawling speed. The customer service representative said someone would call me that day from your Cork office to arrange a call out from an engineer. This call never came and I had to call again the following day. I finally spoke with a lady in your Cork offices and she organized a callout from an engineer.
    The engineers called the following week, however I was not in the country at the time, therefore I left instructions with the person at my home to assist the engineers with the troubleshooting. However, once again I was let down. The engineers would not look at the connection as I was not there. Surprisingly, they did not arrange another call out?.
    I decided to call a week later and was advised your systems were down so I was promised a callback the following Tuesday as the approaching Monday was a bank holiday. Again Mr. Parkinson I am sorry to say this callback never happened.
    Finally, at my wits end I called again on the 11th August and again had to try numerous times to get a representative. When I did speak to a customer services representative I was asked to carry out a battery of tests on my end to establish the Ping and trace test and finally take screen shots of the results and email them back .This I did and then nothing, not a single contact even though it states on the test a call would be made within 24 hours to update on any progress made.. I had to ring again to try and talk to some one. It has to be said that when you ring your help line it is a complete waste of a phone call .For a start they will not answer the phone .I have rang continuously, sometimes for over an hour and all I get is the usual “your call is important to us”. When they do answer, your agents do nothing. They promise to check it out and provide updates but this never happens.

Email is even worse .Numerous times I have emailed and have requested a read receipt with my sent mails .alot of these emails come back to me deleted without being read .This means your support@irishbroand.ie is a complete waste of my time . What is the point of emailing your company if you do not read your mail .
    One of your customer service representatives *NAME REMOVED* did reply on the 11th August and assured me he would be looking after the problem for me. He also assured me he would “personally” look after the refunds for the loss of service. I was delighted, I actually thought I would get some support.
    However, as has become commonplace with your company I heard no more despite sending follow up emails to check had there been any progress.
    The last time I tried to contact *NAME REMOVED* at your irishbroadband.support@irishbroadband.ie address was October 9th, I also sent the same mail on September 29th. I still have not heard anything. In fact, on October 9th I included in the email that I would contact both yourself and Comreg by registered post if I did not get a reply. It seems this was deleted also.
    I have all these emails, I also have the results of the tests I have been running on the connection since the problems started and I kept a copy of my phone records incase you need assurance..
    Mr. Parkinson, I still have a chronically poor broadband connection. This whole debacle has become ridiculous.
    I continued to pay by Direct Debit until August when I decided enough is enough. The amazing thing is, even though * NAME REMOVED* assured me he would look after my refund, you continue to bill me!

I ask you, is this the way to treat your customers? Is this how far a customer has to go to get assistance with service difficulties? I have been left with no option but to put the problem right on your desk. I am totally exasperated and frustrated with your company. This has caused me a lot of stress and real annoyance.

I look forward to a response from your company.

Yours sincerely

*irishproduce*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Leaves on trees are a _possible reason_ from those dates. Better edit the post again there is a name near the bottom

Tell us what their answer to that is ...if they ever give you one.

Good letter !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

This letter reminds me a lot of my dealings with them. Thank God I got rid of them.

I was told about the trees as well. These must have been pretty strange trees seeing as they only appeared during peak hours.

Are ye taking the piss with the whole leaves on trees thing.
    Do they seriously use that as an excuse?

I want my cash back and on top of that there is no way I will be paying the invoices that they have sent since.
    Sure what would I be paying for??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

Are ye taking the piss with the whole leaves on trees thing.
    Do they seriously use that as an excuse?

I want my cash back and on top of that there is no way I will be paying the invoices that they have sent since.
    Sure what would I be paying for??

its not an excuse, it can affect wireless connections in some cases

The whole leaves thing isn't going to wash with me.
    What started off as a connection issue quickly descended into madness.
    Besides, I live across the shannon from the site in question, I am in the city, we dont have alot of high trees in the city

Strange thing is I checked my vm there a while ago and there was a message in there from a guy in IB. I only sent the mail today, its too late now I cant recall a posted envelope.

I tried to ring him on the number he gave 1890564456 and waited about 12 mins on my break before I had to go back and do some work. Chancers.
    I will be calling them later again so I will update as to what happened

I called IB back last night.
    Long story short. The letter will arrive there today, I told him this as I had already sent it.
    They are refunding me back to June.
    There is a new terminal on the Clarion with better reach and less interference that they want to switch me onto on Moday.
    The engineers are coming.
    If it still does not work he said we would have no alternative but to just square everything up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If you had evidnce of speed tests etc and could prove the speeds were not within contnetion it would help you.

• Advertisement

Great news, an important person in IB called me today, I am being refunded 5 months of payments and I can honestly say the broadband is back the way it should be.

Here are before and after results, I think the issue has been put to bed at last.

Advertisement