Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mad Man Manson - Championship Material?

• 18-10-2006 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

On the IwW forums they have a post up about Mad Man Manson getting a title shot against Drew Galloway on Sunday (see below). Does anyone think that Manson can win the belt? He's one of IwW's most popular guys today, if not THE most popular guy, but would he make a good champion?

MAD MAN MANSON GETS FIRST EVER TITLE SHOT
    Mad Man Manson has, in his two years in Irish Whip Wrestling, quickly become IwW's most travelled, successful and popular names. He has wrestled, and beaten, almost everyone there is to beat and has amassed so much in his career to date that he is, without a doubt, championship material.

However, ironically enough, a major championship is something that has always alluded 'The Insane One'.

This Sunday, by popular demand, Irish Whip Wrestling has decided to give Manson his shot when he takes on old nemesis 'Thee' Drew Galloway (provided that Galloway retains his belt at Blanchardstown of course).

These two have quite a storied rivalry, starting with Galloway's debut in Naas almost 18 months ago when a kick to the back of Manson's fractured the 'Insane One's' C5 Vertebrae and left Manson out of action for a considerable amount of time.

Manson would, however, fight back from this setback and go on to become embroiled in a vicious feud with the arrogant Scotsman that would end at last November's IwW show at the SFX where 'The Insane One' would pull off what many considered an upset victory.

Despite his win, Manson would be passed over for a title shot as Drew moved onto bigger and better things, winning the IwW International Heavyweight Championship in the process. Meanwhile Manson would go on to take his popularity to, characteristically, insane measures.

As these two bulls look to rekindle the feud that was stealing shows left, right and centre in 2005, one has to wonder if now is the time that Manson can focus all of his insane energy and crowd support and turn it into a huge title win? Galloway has proved a resourceful champion though, and his talents are among the best in the world today, can he reverse his fortunes of last November and escape with his belt intact?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The first time I saw Manson I thought he was brilliant. Since then though, it seems like he's been toning himself down, especially when he's been a face. I definitely think he would be a deserving IWW champ, but maybe he has more unfulfilled potential I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Since its not a TV taping, I can't see Manson winning this one. He'd make a good champ though.

Advertisement