Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No teeth.

Options
  • 18-10-2006 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    Not really a problem but if anyone else has experience this let us know.
    My third child now 8.5 months old has yet to even show a sign of teething.
    Now comparing with the other two they had several teeth before 6 months.

The boy espeicially had nearly a full set before he was 12 months.
    Now the question being would all of the teeth erupt together an give myself and the missus a nightmareish week or is there nothing to bewildered about.
    Any thoughts,has anyone else experienced this.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

My first didn't get any teeth until a week before her first birthday, then got 4 of them in one horrifc week! She was slow teething all along and was nearly 3 before she had the full set. My second got 1 tooth at 9 months and didn't get another one til 11 months. His have come in a funny order too. He's nearly 2 and he still has 6 to get.

So nothing to worry about. You may have a nasty week of it if a load of them come together but then again... you might not!

P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

My two boys were around 9 months, one could have been 11 months but they didn't have much trouble with teething and had all their teeth by their second birthday.

Some babies are born with teeth, others get them from 4 months and others when they're about 1 therefore 6 months is the average, so it doesn't mean there's anything wrong. As your baby is a bit older than 6 months it may mean less painful teething. Some teeth come through without much discomfort whereas other teeth can be more painful no matter what age they get them.

It's like all aspects of their development, they all do things at different stages. One may have their teeth earlier than another sibling but walked earlier. Most are on a level pegging by their 3rd birthday. Try not to be watching the calander but appreciate each stage of development.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

My daughter was 13 months before she had any teeth - then a load came at once.

I don't think it's anything to be unduly worried about at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

My daughter is 8 months, and her first two teeth have only appeared in the last week or so. They came at the same time, and now, a week later, she seems to be teething ferociously again. I wouldn't worry too much at this stage - my Mam told me that my sister didn't have any teeth until she was 14 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

My son gristled & chewed his way to nearly 9.5months before a tooth appeared - then he got one every couple of weeks for the next 6months! :eek: My daughter is 5.5months & no sign of any teeth yet. I wouldn't worry about it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Thanks for the replies ppl.I am not worried about it really,its the contrast in my OP from my other two children and to think that my little one has none at all amazes me.I do agree that once she starts she wont stop.Have never knew other children to have no teeth at this stage so thanks for the reassurance guys.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Just because they're siblings doesn't mean they should be the same.

Look at it another way, my brother and I have the same parents yet he's 11 inches taller than me and my 7 sisters are all in between heights.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

True,
    I have two older brothers and im better looking than them:D

Point taken everyone is different from birth.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Snowbie wrote:
    True,
    I have two older brothers and im better looking than them:D

Point taken everyone is different from birth.:)

"Better looking"??? says who?????????????

And as you know, my ten and a half month old twins are totally different. S has 6 teeth with another on the way while L only has the one with no sign of more coming through. However, only having the one tooth hasn't stopped L from chewing her cot. She also got her one little fang into my finger last night as I was resting my hand on the side of her cot. She's a little vampire I tell you:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭MyBaby

My baby was about 5months old when he got his first two teeth, now 13months old, he has 8 teeth.

My mam told me that my first tooth didnt come down til i was nearly 2yrs old, got my last baby tooth when i was 10:) , so i suppose its like everything else, they'll come down when their ready.

• Advertisement
Advertisement