Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Indicating ,indicators people!!!

Options
  • 18-10-2006 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

I honestly think these should be optional on Irish cars these days.
    A hell of a lot of ppl dont signal for a turn they just *assume* you know their going to suddenly turn right or left.

Failing that u at a stop looking at a car going down the road and at the last second they signal to turn, if they did that earlier u could have pulled out on ur way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Shifted to Motors.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

I have a PHD in Telepathy, but, its a pity people who pay extra for them don't make use of them...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I thought they were optional extra's on Irish cars !! :confused:

Do you mean that they come as standard ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

My personal favourite. Behind a lad, and he brakes, brakes, brakes, brakes, then indicates at the turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well, i completetly agree with all the sentiments, but at the same time, remember, an indicator is just that, and indication of what the driver plans to do. it does not mean they are bound by law to turn if they indicate.

if youre driving too close to someone and they dont indicate. youre still too close. liekwise if someone pulls out becuase the car coming towards them is indicating, then i think thats poor driving.
    never assume that an indication is correct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

did i say how much people who fail to indicate piss me off though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

did i say how much people who fail to indicate piss me off though?

exactly!indicators are there for a reason people:eek:
    u dont see anyone driving around at 12 at night with no lights on:D
    come to think of it u wudnt see em because they have no lights on carry on people;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

magick wrote:
    I honestly think these should be optional on Irish cars these days.
    A hell of a lot of ppl dont signal for a turn they just *assume* you know their going to suddenly turn right or left.

Failing that u at a stop looking at a car going down the road and at the last second they signal to turn, if they did that earlier u could have pulled out on ur way.

Especially at roundabouts,these people cause traffic delays as well as being a danger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

Car Mad wrote:
    come to think of it u wudnt see em because they have no lights on carry on people;)

ive seen taxi drivers pull away from the rank in the middle of the night with no lights on

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The thing that always intrigues me about people who don't indicate, or indeed do many of the silly, dangerous things you see people do daily on the roads, is whether they also get annoyed by other drivers who do the same things.

I mean, don't they themselves for example ever sit at the entry to a roundabout, swearing at the constant train of people who come around from their right, either not indicating at all or indicating right who then promptly turn off the roundabout at the same exit? Or are they so laid back, and 'chilled', that they either don't notice or don't care? I'm puzzled :confused:

• Advertisement

4 times this week i've been cut off because people don't indicate (I Cycle). It is not a difficult thing to do, so why not just do it?

It's usually larger cars that do it (from my own experience), which is even more dangerous!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Car Mad wrote:
    you'd think but i nearly crashed into someone a few weeks ago because i went to turn onto a narrow street and didn't see the bloke with no lights on coming the other way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

you'd think but i nearly crashed into someone a few weeks ago because i went to turn onto a narrow street and didn't see the bloke with no lights on coming the other way

jebus it does happen:rolleyes: what do people be thinking of.i know sometimes it happens by accident person pulls into petrol station lit up area turns of lights goes into shop comes out forgets to turn them back on:D
    but have u ever noticed someone that goes slower than u is a dope and anyone that goes faster than u is a lunatic;) rember people turn on ur lights when it gets dark:p or gay will be after u:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭digweed

well, i completetly agree with all the sentiments, but at the same time, remember, an indicator is just that, and indication of what the driver plans to do. it does not mean they are bound by law to turn if they indicate.

if youre driving too close to someone and they dont indicate. youre still too close. liekwise if someone pulls out becuase the car coming towards them is indicating, then i think thats poor driving.
    never assume that an indication is correct

the best piece of advice i was ever given about indicators in other cars is that all it shows is that the bulb is working. never assume.

D. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭lau1247

I don't particularly have rage against people who don't use the indicator as such..
    I suppose it's alright not to use it when there's no vehicles around when you're turning..
    but when it comes to cutting into lanes and they don't turn it on..
    It pisses me off & I don't tend to let them get in..

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

its the people who lane hop without indicating really upset - i dont how many times on the motorway and pearse street, i have had to slam on my brakes because some eeject has just pulled out with indication

also on the whole lights thing - you see you silver car drivers - when it is raining really badly and the auld visiability isnt good, for good sake put your lights on - you are bloody invisible

Advertisement