Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TMAXX or Revo

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Well done and the best a luck with it!

You'll have a laugh with it;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dts

Got it yesterday, now that was quick shipping. Wife found out how much I paid for it so now I have to tile the dinning room floor as penance.
    Took it out just to make sure it all looked ok, wow what a beast. It is now going to be put away untill Xmas day when I can open it and look suprised. I kept the manual and cd out so I will have the running in procedure down to a tee by the time I get to play with it.
    Ordered a couple of Traxxas glow plugs as it says in the run in you can go through a couple. Looking foward to it as my first two cars were bought second hand so never got to run them in. I use 10% fuel in the other two but havent decided yet whether to get the good stuff from Halfords (16%) for this.
    What do you lot think is the best fuel to look after the motor? I was always told that the lower the % the longer the motor will last?
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

The revo is designed to run on 16%+, some run it on 30%

I myself would not run it on anything lower than 16%

Thats the 3.3 right?
    Yeh your better off getting 16%+ fuel, I run my t-maxx on Quikfire 16% and is way quicker than the other stuff I used.
    Good look with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

SLIM19198 wrote:
    The revo is designed to run on 16%+, some run it on 30%

I myself would not run it on anything lower than 16%

Revo has been designed and tested to run on nitro up to 30%
    Now if you do run 30% you have to replace the shim under the cooling head.;)

Personally I would say if it is the 3.3 then try the 16% MT first. i found my one drove fine on it with plenty of power.
    I am gonna try some Morgans fuel next.. Starting with 15% an work up to compare notes.
    If she blows then be it..
    It will be time for a Big Block then.. Maybe a Picco .26 or something.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I just took my hyper out for a bash for the first time in months and after cleaning out the after run oil she ran like a dream. Not one cut out on 5% stuff I got from Green Model, it's hard to notice a difference in speed in comparison with the 16% stuff I ran it on when I first got it. Nice and smoky too, like a chimney stack even, pity my mate wasn't around to video her in action.

vectra, you interested in an os18? ;)

SLIM19198 wrote:
    vectra, you interested in an os18? ;)

Fill me in please.. :D

No arseing around with that engine, very good altogether?

I have an OS18 in one of my REVO's, never got around to getting the exhaust seal for it so cannot run it (have a 3.3 to drop in there)

Make me an offer!

• Advertisement

Plug wrote:
    No arseing around with that engine, very good altogether?

Huhh..??? :confused:

SLIM19198 wrote:
    I have an OS18 in one of my REVO's, never got around to getting the exhaust seal for it so cannot run it (have a 3.3 to drop in there)

Make me an offer!

Isnt that the one you never got round to "Starting" ?
    Hard to make an offer without knowing if it runs or not.
    Is it a TM or TZ ?:confused:

TM, it never stayed running cos of compression! If you wanna call and bring some silicone we can get it running ;)

vectra wrote:
    Huhh..??? :confused:
    In other words there a good engine!

SLIM19198 wrote:
    TM, it never stayed running cos of compression! If you wanna call and bring some silicone we can get it running ;)
    Is it the gasket, the problem?

Plug wrote:
    In other words there a good engine!

Normally yes they are as you and I know..
    But I was asking what is this one like? :confused:

no, its the seal between the exhaust header and the engine block!!!

I actually bought seals just cant find em now that I have time to look at it :S

SLIM19198 wrote:
    no, its the seal between the exhaust header and the engine block!!!

I actually bought seals just cant find em now that I have time to look at it :S
    So,
    How much fuel has it had?
    What % fuel was used in it?
    Was it ran in properly?
    what price have you got in mind for it?

Hard to buy a S/H engine without knowing sme of those Q's ;)

Going to get the 16% today so I will be ready for the run in.:D

What 16% are you getting?

• Advertisement

Was going to get the stuff from Halfords but didnt get down to Liffey. Thinking of just ordering this instead ar I use the model technics 10% at the moment.
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/Model-Technics-QWIKFIRE-RC-nitro-fuel-16-4-5L-1-Gal_W0QQitemZ290042730880QQihZ019QQcategoryZ34063QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

£16 surcharge on shipments to the republic????

dts wrote:
    Was going to get the stuff from Halfords but didnt get down to Liffey. Thinking of just ordering this instead ar I use the model technics 10% at the moment.
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/Model-Technics-QWIKFIRE-RC-nitro-fuel-16-4-5L-1-Gal_W0QQitemZ290042730880QQihZ019QQcategoryZ34063QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thats a crazy price to pay for MT 16% :eek:

That guy also sells Tornado. But you can get that in Halfords,

On the other hand.
    Have you tried to contact any of the Lads from navan Nitro Nuts?
    I am sure thay would only be too glad to help you out. ;)

You'd be cheaper getting it here!

dts wrote:

The guys at Navan are going out tomorow for a meeting.. maybe you should pop over to meet them and take your Revo along ?
    Might get some good help there along with a drop of fuel to get you going ;)

CHECK HERE WITH NAVAN NITRO NUTS ;)

Have to say, nice website.

You are right about the delivery charge. Think it will be down to Liffey in the end.
    Cheers for the link, I am in work today but would have loved a drive over to see what they are all about. Very suprised thet Westmeath dont have a club in Mullingar or Athlone.

Bit cheaper on delivery (not much though ;-) )

http://www.boyztoys.ie/index.php?subj=showcat&id=955

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Or this :
    http://www.greenhobbymodel.com/modelglowfuel.htm

Are you sure nobody you know is driving in the Dublin area, who would collect a gallon of fuel for you?

I bet if you rang a local courier (to where you live) they would get it to you for 10-15 euros, no matter if it was 1 or 4 gallons.

• Advertisement
Advertisement