Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Westmeath

• 18-10-2006 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Does anybody know when and if broadband will be available in Westmeath? Killucan/Kinnegad area in particular?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Depends what you mean by broadband.

Eircom, not likely unless your in a town for a number of years. If your in a village with enough people you might get lucky.

You can do a line test on http://broadband.gov.ie. You can also check out what providers are in your area.

I have checked and you should be able to get lastmile wireless broadband:

http://lastmile.ie/coverage.html

Click the balloons to see what towns/area it covers. You need line of sight!

Pricing is a little high:

Residential 512k/128k €33.05 ex VAT €81.82 ex VAT 10 GBytes

Although probably not much worse than what Eircom would charge you if you could get a landline. With lastmile you have to pay 30 Euro if you call them out and you don't have line of sight.

I've not signed up to them myself but we are considering it once our satellite broadband minimum subscription runs out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Funny... we got broadband in Rochfortbridge in January.. i think it was Jan anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Cosworth

I'm in kinnegad and got broadband from perlico.
    Its not bad,only 1.99 for first 3 months and 16.99 thereafter,its also unlimited use so no time restrictions like eircom.

Gary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

No broadband in Killucan (044-9374--- numbers).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 scotia

i've had broadband in rochfortbridge for the last 8-9months, no problems with the 044 number.
    got it through UTV.

• Advertisement
Advertisement