Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carr's Hill - No right turn

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

I think the idea was to free up the flow of traffic, not having someone blocking the road trying to turn right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

i'm struggling to picture where the turn off is.can someone explain please?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

it's the way I've gone to work every day for the last 3 years. So I take that turn at least 4 times a day. When I saw they'd taken the arrows off the road and put up no right turn signs the other day I laughed out loud, then proceeded to ignore it.

So far I've been successfully ignoring it for a few days. I see no reason to take notice of the most stupid changes ever. Just noticed tonight that theyve done the same thing all the way down to the Carrigaline/Ringaskiddy roundabout. Fat chance anyone in their right mind will take any notice of them.

Personally, I'd rather ignore them and take the 20 minute drive to work instead of going through Grange and it taking 40+ minutes or down the south link and it taking 1 hour +.

naw Dave, I'm in Maryborough Woods. I normally come out onto the Carrigaline road in the morning, head towards Carrigaline and then take the right turn onto that narrow road that connects to the back Douglas road.

If you go further down towards Carrigaline you'll see there are a few more no right turns put up.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

rymus wrote:
    naw Dave, I'm in Maryborough Woods. I normally come out onto the Carrigaline road in the morning, head towards Carrigaline and then take the right turn onto that narrow road that connects to the back Douglas road.

If you go further down towards Carrigaline you'll see there are a few more no right turns put up.

They had a no right turn there briefly before but it was abolished when they resurfaced the road the last time. Thankfully they closed it again, aside from freeing up the traffic going on straight to carrig on any wet day you were almost guaranteed to be stopped by a tailback because someone rear ended a car turning right. Generally never serious crashes but its only a mattter of time before one became so.

• Advertisement

daveirl wrote:

Yes, There is a 'no right turn' on the main road to the side road.

it's just a not too serious bout of "no right turn" syndrome. Ignore it and it'll go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

daveirl wrote:

i don't think safety was the real issue here... I'm pretty sure it was congestion

Well... I was wondering how long it was going to take... there are several video cameras up around that area now. Spotted them as I was taking my illegal right turn about 10 mins ago. I may create a large sign later on detailing my disgust and go up there with the intention of holding it in front of the camera for a few minutes.

daveirl wrote:

true but we all know whats its really for...congestion.

and during busy times, one driver turning right holding up 50-100 cars.
    but if no other traffic on the road, sure no problem then.

true but we all know whats its really for...congestion.

and during busy times, one driver turning right holding up 50-100 cars.
    but if no other traffic on the road, sure no problem then.

It seems to have done a great job on congestion for traffic going towards Carrigaline.

xabi wrote:
    It seems to have done a great job on congestion for traffic going towards Carrigaline.

well at least its working... that must be a first for CCC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I think its brilliant since that theres always an accident happening there every month. I suppose if your from donnybrook its a pain. Btw if anyone wants to turn right il be blowing my horn if im being held up :D

• Advertisement

and if anyone blows their horn at me I'll be giving the finger. The thing is a royal pain in the arse. I'm waiting for some enterprising youngfella to go up there with a spanner and take down the signs. Or if that doesn't happen in a timely manner I'll do it. Either way is good...

rymus wrote:
    The thing is a royal pain in the arse.

not for the hundreds of people caught behind some #~*& trying to turn right with a line of traffic coming the other way.

ah well, it against the law now anyway.
    mikeym wrote:
    Btw if anyone wants to turn right il be blowing my horn if im being held up :D

not at all,
    take down the reg and report them for dangerous driving, apparently the douglas cops are going all out to enforce this. (must be a lot of councilors down in carrigaline)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

[QUOTE=(must be a lot of councilors down in carrigaline)[/QUOTE]
    Yup we've got political pull alright:)

ah well, it against the law now anyway.

Yeah, 'cos in Ireland, that's such a deterrant :D
    apparently the douglas cops are going all out to enforce this

If it's anything like the huge show they put on over the bank holiday weekend, nobody has anything to worry about!

rymus wrote:
    Yeah, 'cos in Ireland, that's such a deterrant :D
    so true
    rymus wrote:
    If it's anything like the huge show they put on over the bank holiday weekend, nobody has anything to worry about!

ya that was some show of enforcement alright.

but I'm sure they would take much more action when the public ring in with reg numbers of offenders at this junction.
    that way they wont have to leave the station...:D :D:D

they wouldnt leave anyway... the reg numbers would be written down in a very large, very cramped logbook and stay there for 50 years until some hotshot decides it's time to computerise it. Then, €50m later and no functional computers, they'd buy new books :D

rymus wrote:
    they wouldnt leave anyway... the reg numbers would be written down in a very large, very cramped logbook and stay there for 50 years until some hotshot decides it's time to computerise it. Then, €50m later and no functional computers, they'd buy new books :D

you hope:D
    Na they are normally very good at following up dangerous driving especially if a reg pops up more that once and defenatly if that reg is reported for the same violation.

well time will tell,

I have discovered a solution that is both legal yet will still provide annoyance. Drive past turn off marked no right turn and few hundred yards down the road, make a right turn into the farm shop entrance, when traffic allows of course. U turn and back onto road in opposite direction.

Sometimes I love how needlessly petty I am

rymus wrote:
    I have discovered a solution that is both legal yet will still provide annoyance. Drive past turn off marked no right turn and few hundred yards down the road, make a right turn into the farm shop entrance, when traffic allows of course. U turn and back onto road in opposite direction.

Sometimes I love how needlessly petty I am

much better solution, also the road is much more open and straight at that point so it would be safer as well. that's much better thinking.
    and no points on your licence as well.

only problem i see with this, after your u-turn.... you have to wait for traffic to let you back on the road to travel the opposite way.

i suppose give yourself about 10/15min for that whole maneuver.
    now that is what i call using your head.

• Advertisement

10 mins my hole... more like 1 min tops. Drivers can be very accomodating when theyre given no other option.

In conclusion; bite the back of my balls.

Advertisement