Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carr's Hill - No right turn

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

rymus wrote:
    10 mins my hole... more like 1 min tops. Drivers can be very accomodating when theyre given no other option.

In conclusion; bite the back of my balls.

very good, use the bonnet. on to the buddy in Douglas garda station and they said that quite a number of cars have been reported already, so many in fact that they are waiting to see if the same regs are reported a second time before they will dish out the two points.

and sorry, please don't take offence, but I'm not into others men's genitalia.
    But i do think that you can make a request for a man to play with your meat and two veg in the Gay/lesbian section of boards.ie.

good luck finding a nice man to fulfill you request.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Stugots

very good, use the bonnet. on to the buddy in Douglas garda station and they said that quite a number of cars have been reported already, so many in fact that they are waiting to see if the same regs are reported a second time before they will dish out the two points.

Complete BS - they can't give out points on the basis of multiple reports from Joe Public. Either you or your buddy (if he exists) are lying.

Stugots wrote:
    Complete BS - they can't give out points on the basis of multiple reports from Joe Public. Either you or your buddy (if he exists) are lying.

Joe Public only reports the incident, of course its up to the guards to bring a case and prosecution:rolleyes: jeeeeeezzzzzzzzzuuuussssssss like, i thought that would be self explanatory...well to some at least.:confused:

ya that would be a great system alright:rolleyes: no need for a court or guards, just dish out points when you get a report from Joe Public:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

So the guards will prosecute a person based on a report from the public... Hmmm... In that case I'm going to march down to the station tomorrow and report my neighbour for arms smuggling. That'll sort them and their loud music...

Explain to me how exactly the gardai are going to form a case if they have no evidence, other than the rants of a few motorists that could well be talking out their arses...

rymus wrote:
    So the guards will prosecute a person based on a report from the public...

no that not what I'm saying.
    they will do an investigation based on a report from the public and see if their are grounds for prosecution.

what are you saying... you cant be reported for dangerous driving.

• Advertisement

no that not what I'm saying.
    they will do an investigation based on a report from the public and see if their are grounds for prosecution.

what are you saying... you cant be reported for dangerous driving.

You can be reported, but the gardai cannot prosecute you based on the report - hence the flop of the lo-call number for reporting dangerous or aggressive driving. Ever try calling it? "Thanks for your call. Not much we can do unless we catch him in the act."

Stugots wrote:
    You can be reported, but the gardai cannot prosecute you based on the report

i know, that why i said above "they will do an investigation based on a report from the public and see if their are grounds for prosecution"
    Stugots wrote:
    Ever try calling it? "Thanks for your call. Not much we can do unless we catch him in the act."

No i haven't... but you must have.

listen, i don't really give a sh#t. i don't need to take a right turn at that junction.

i know, that why i said above "they will do an investigation based on a report from the public and see if their are grounds for prosecution".
    And without a garda witness, there are no grounds for prosecution, therefore the investigation ends as soon as the garda hangs up the phone.

No i haven't... but you must have.
    Actually I haven't, but it was well reported in the media over recent months
    listen, i don't really give a sh#t. i don't need to take a right turn at that junction.

Then why are you posting here?

Stugots wrote:
    And without a garda witness, there are no grounds for prosecution, therefore the investigation ends as soon as the garda hangs up the phone.

you are incorrect with that one. you don't have to be a garda to be a witness.:rolleyes:
    can you imagine.
    "i saw him do it your honour.... are you a member of an gardai... no your honour... well then you didn't see him do it":rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

any member of the public can be a witness for a prosecution in any case.

anyway sure, I think its a great idea to close off that road and hopefully will save lives and stop the congestion.

anything that helps safety and congestion on our roads...wouldn't you agree

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Hopefully the council will look at closing off a section of the road or narrowing it up to a point so no incoming traffic will be allowed up it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement