Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Posts

Options
  • 18-10-2006 1:43pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not sure where to go for this one.

Just noticed that my post count went down a few posts over the last 24 hours. Is there a way of finding out what happened?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Perhaps it could be from deleted posts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I didn’t delete it (as far as I know anyways). Maybe a mod did but I haven’t said anything controversial ever!

If the thread got deleted would that reduce the post count?

I am pretty sure if it post is deleted that the count is reduced, maybe someone else can confirm this?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Ruu wrote:
    I am pretty sure if it post is deleted that the count is reduced, maybe someone else can confirm this?
    Yeah, that would be right. It could be that a thread was deleted, or moved to the Cuckoos Nest. If that happens, the post count goes down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

or to the recycle bin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Cant think of one that might have got moved like that.

Will have to go luck to pass the boredom of work

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Do you actually keep tabs on your postcount? If so; why?

Gordon wrote:
    Do you actually keep tabs on your postcount? If so; why?

Not usually but some one in work was asking me about it yesterday. They said I've to much time on my hands!

I thought there was gona be a purge like there was a while ago but not as bad this time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

off topic (i think)

I noticed people mentioning their post count now and again and was wondering what was so special about them?

I mean does someone with a post count of 1000 have more options or privileges than some with just 10 or is it just a stat?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Doesn't have a huge bearing at all. An opinion is an opinion.
    The Cuckoo's nest was created as a way of stopping people spamming to increase their post count.

Sometimes if a person with a low post count and recent join date is pimping a certain product of service then it can sway views on that poster.

Are you jealous of Tar and Vic?

• Advertisement

Tar's was one of the ones i saw mentioned. someone was asked if they were trying to catch up with him. You would need a lot of time on your hand to do that.

As im here i have another question, the stars under peoples names, what do they signify?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Thanks for the info.

No more questions, i promise.

Or is it a mistake to make such a promise?.....Doh!!

Thats what the forum is for, ask whatever you wish. :)

Advertisement