Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Gojira

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Thank you.

That is all.

(The singer REALLY reminds me of Meshuggah, for some reason...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

great song, great album, great band

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

im liking these a lot!recommended album???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

all of them, but realistically start with their latest 'from mars to sirius'
    it's the one that broke them internationally.
    still have yet to see these guys live yet :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Big thumbs up for Gojira! Have that "From Mars..." album, everyone else should too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

I didn't really like From Mars To Sirius, but I do like The Link and I especially like Terra Incognita. Good band all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Another fantastic band from Graspop. Arguablely the first arsehole that got ripped open there. They were on after an awful trivium too which made it even better. The bassist is a nutter. Doesn't look at all like he belongs in a metal band but goes crazy, threw the bass all over place. Brilliant band. New album kicks ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭h-street23

reminds me of a tech-ed up Supuration...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

h-street23 wrote:
    reminds me of a tech-ed up Supuration...

I've never even heard of Supuration before, so I just searched for them, found their site, and downloaded the video for Twins. While I'm not really seeing that much of a similarity with Gojira, I have to say that Supuration have impressed me. Fair play.

I think Gojira have far more in common with Morbid Angel though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

got from mars.......great album,have to get the others...also good metallica cover by them here
    http://www.spheremanage.net/v01/mp3/01%20ESCAPE%20(Metallica).mp3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

I got their 'The Link Alive' dvd awhile ago and I have to say it's fantastic, they're very tight live with loads of energy and the sound quality is excellent. I uploaded a few snippets from the opening track. Unfortunately the dvd only contains songs from Terra Incognita and The Link, but these are still great albums.

http://www.vimeo.com/362010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

love gojira, was watchin them live on rockworld tv the other nite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Absolutely love them. From Mars is such a goddamn fantastic album. I have pretty much listened to their 3 albums over and over for the last 4 months (or whenever I first discovered them in this very forum).

Terra Incognita was an absolute bitch to find. No major online sellers sold it and I was lucky to find by chance on cduniverse. Had been checking ebay every week to see if there were any copies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Will be investing in the "From Mars..." album after watching a couple of YouTube clips.

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

whopper band, proper whopper!

was on a bus goin from westmoreland street and they walked by (was the mornin after the gig) . In my shocked state wit my earphones in, the noise I made was remarkably like the whale noises on from mars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Man , its good to see a thread about these guys , they are really good, I have to say I really like the Link though, its my favourite album, Death of me is just a ****ing brilliant song!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Thats a great song. May well pick up the album this weekend. ANyone know where you can get it for a decent price in Dublin? Tower Records or Sentinel maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Thats a great song. May well pick up the album this weekend. ANyone know where you can get it for a decent price in Dublin? Tower Records or Sentinel maybe?

Sound Cellar maybe? Probably not the cheapest, but they've got the best stock.

Advertisement