Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxing clubs in dublin city?

• 18-10-2006 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Anyone know any boxing clubs around Dublin city centre, or around the southside rialto/james st area?
    Cheers lads.
    I've being kickboxing awhile now and wanna get into boxing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Crumlin Boxing Club isn't too far from Rialto, contact Philip Sutcliffe on 087-9719193.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Giant_Killer

I've been having a read around the different posts here and there seems to be alot more to joining a boxing club then just walking in.
    I've being training in Kick-boxing the past while and I wanna get into more boxing and maybe even compete.
    The problem being, or as people seem to tell me, is being 23yrs old is to old to be walking in to a boxing gym for the first time.

What i'm looking for is a gym where I can improve my boxing and learn alot more + spar loads and maybe compete.
    I don't wanna take up space or waste anyone's time, i'm hungry to train/fight hard.
    I'd be willing to hand over the cash if it means trainin with a trainer..

Hope that better helps.. or if there's anyone out there willing to train.. ; )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

CORINTHIANS Paddy Osbourne
    Dublin 7 8688138/ 086 1008367

MOUNT TALLANT Michael Kavanagh
    Drimnagh Dublin 12
    01 4562596

C.I.E Mr Peter Perry
    01 4544476

DRIMNAGH Mr Austin Carruth
    01 4508083

ST. SAVIOUR'S OBA Martin Power
    Dublin 9 01 8423458

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Giantkiller i'm sure any club that you go to will be more than welcome to accomodate you. Crumlin BC have a load of lads and sparring is very good there. Its just a pity you too far from Dun Laoghaire as the club I'm involved in Monkstown Boxing Club has plenty of begineers / novices in the same situation as you.

Don't be worried just go and hopefully you wont regret it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Giant_Killer

Cheers for the kind words lads.. I'm gonna give ST. SAVIOUR'S a shout and see what the craic is with them.. heard good things.

• Advertisement

They are another very good club. Good choice.

Advertisement