Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An attack on CTYI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mocha One Sugar

jeez, those two are fairly bitter ain't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Oh Lord, that's an awful article, I posted comment though basically telling the author that he should have done more research and basically know wtf he's talking about before writing that crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

They have a point with it being too expensive for some, but like... this is the real world. Things cost money. End of story. Stop the whining, there, mr. journalist type.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

the only thing which i like about this (short) artical is the animal farm quote.
    God, how i loved that book.
    But, now to give myself a point.
    dammit! we cant let everyone in! then i would be like school! i dont care if they give entire scholarships to people who cant afford it, but CTYI, for me (and i hav gone to mini-ctyi as well) has always been a haven from the bullys, conformists, and idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 M&M part two!

wat is going on about this 'attack'? is dis an article or what?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement

Yeah, there's a link to the article in the first post.

And slasher, there will always be idiots and conformists. Maybe I'm old and jaded and bitter, but I found a lot of annoying "conforming-to-the-idea-that-you-must-be-wacky-at-CTYI" people this year. But that's probably just my general... anger.

Yes actually, so did may. Maybe they were always there, and I didn't notice my first year cos I was just getting used to everyone, and everything seemed strange and wacky, and then my second year I hung around in quite a small group so I didn't notice any of that carry on, but this year it seemed to be everywhere, and really really annoying.

And slasher, there will always be idiots and conformists. Maybe I'm old and jaded and bitter, but I found a lot of annoying "conforming-to-the-idea-that-you-must-be-wacky-at-CTYI" people this year. But that's probably just my general... anger.

Point taken :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Here here. I don't mind what people are, they can conform to whatever the majority is or the largest minority as many do in CTYI as long as they DON'T call themselves individual and sneer on 'followers of the crowd' who are just following a different one to themselves in actual fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Maybe I'm old and jaded and bitter, but I found a lot of annoying "conforming-to-the-idea-that-you-must-be-wacky-at-CTYI" people this year. But that's probably just my general... anger.

Yep, that gets so damn annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I get so annoyed with n00bs at reunions these days, all of them whining about their lack of Jolt, never having attended when it was actually sold.

Jolt isn't that nice anyway.

Jolt isn't that nice anyway.

Wrong (:p), but they can't crave it as part of their CTYI experience, because it wasn't one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

But whining about the lack of it is.

Postmodern, or something, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I get so annoyed with n00bs at reunions these days, all of them whining about their lack of Jolt, never having attended when it was actually sold.
    They got rid of Jolt????:eek:

in about 2004.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

See, you could either get worked up about this article, or you can realise a very important thing:

Its indymedia. their articles are among the worst pieces of schlock i've ever had the displeasure of reading. nearly every piece i've read on there has been completely unable to remove even obvious bias from an article. its ridiculuous.

We all realise that, but it's still some dickhead saying **** you to us, but as publicly as possible.

Wrong (:p), but they can't crave it as part of their CTYI experience, because it wasn't one.

Or, y'know, they might actually -like- it and want to find it some where :p

Just to be helpful, it is avalible in most spars.
    But for me it was never jolt. Lucozade at three in the morning for me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement