Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shorts over tights

• 18-10-2006 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

What do people think of wearing shorts over tights or leggings?

I like it myself, dont know if id wear it though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭Lynfo

It's quite nice once you have the legs for it, unfortunately I'm a short ass so could never get away with it...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

mcoolmcool wrote:
    What do people think of wearing shorts over tights or leggings?

I like it myself, dont know if id wear it though.

Personally I really like it.. but it really depends on whether you've nice legs or not:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I don't like it, at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

Lynfo wrote:
    It's quite nice once you have the legs for it, unfortunately I'm a short ass so could never get away with it...:(

Im in the same boat - went out with an uber tall mate of mine last weekend and she wore the shorts over tights combo- looked class on her but id look a right midget clown in it!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

I think it is a really cool look on anyone,tall r small

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I hate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Why don't you just wear trousers!!!!! It's better than looking like a complete idiot with tights or those footless things, leggins or whatever underneath. I mean, what's the point, and don't say fashion because I have yet to see any decent model walking down the runway with leggings and shorts.

...so thats a no from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Any shorts look terrible on a night out, it screams curb walker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I really don't like it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

A definite no from Ruu, looks rather silly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭mcoolmcool

These aren't me... but I do like the look, I think Ill have to give it ago!

Not sure if I prefer the tight or the leggings.

What you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I think it looks good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 RAHEEN

What about board members think men wearing tights in the Winter ? They keep you very warm and provide good support for the legs etc..Some American companies (Comfilon) and Egee (WoMAN range) have already designed some styles for men. I Imagine you could wear them under trousers in the cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭mcoolmcool

RAHEEN wrote:
    What about board members think men wearing tights in the Winter ? They keep you very warm and provide good support for the legs etc..Some American companies (Comfilon) and Egee (WoMAN range) have already designed some styles for men. I Imagine you could wear them under trousers in the cold.

I actually know a guy who wear tights under his jeans in the winter!!
    Personally I dont really care, if thats what makes him happy.
    But if guys started wearing leggings and shorts!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

I hate leggings with a passion. The 1980s ended and should have stayed that way. Just because Kate Moss or Sienna Miller or even worse Victoria Beckham wears them does not mean that they look good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

RAHEEN wrote:

What's wrong with a pair of long johns for the cold weather?

Advertisement