Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom can get it right sometimes!!!

Options
  • 18-10-2006 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭

Well I have to say im still recovering from a shock !!! I applied for a new line to get a BB connection (hopefully) and have had the date changed a few times already. I got a call this morning from the nicest person I have ever dealt with in Eircom and she said that she knew I had been waiting a long time and wanted BB urgently. She appologised and said when would suit me to have it connected. I said Friday and she said no problem someone will be round on Friday morning. Have so say I was impressed . I will be even more impressed if indeed it is done Friday.

Just shows you they can get it right if they try. That lady was a gem and a real asset to Eircom.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Dellas wrote:
    Well I have to say im still recovering from a shock !!! I applied for a new line to get a BB connection (hopefully) and have had the date changed a few times already. I got a call this morning from the nicest person I have ever dealt with in Eircom and she said that she knew I had been waiting a long time and wanted BB urgently. She appologised and said when would suit me to have it connected. I said Friday and she said no problem someone will be round on Friday morning. Have so say I was impressed . I will be even more impressed if indeed it is done Friday.

Just shows you they can get it right if they try. That lady was a gem and a real asset to Eircom.

What the hell were you smoking ??? :eek: .

This has to have been a drug induced trip !!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

Dellas wrote:

someone called you and told you they will get you broadband on friday?

you're easily pleased

how long have you been waiting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 a line failure

I'll tell you now, consumer service and broadband installation are 2 different things. That lady you talked to might be a better saleslady then most had to deal with, but I'm sure come Friday they'll be "technical difficulties".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭leche solara

Why does someone need to call out?
    They just activate it from the exchange, and you shouldn't need to take any time off. When I got mine they sent the router and the thingies for the phone in the post, sent me an email to say I was active from whatever date and then I was up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Why does someone need to call out?
    He is getting a new line installed. He doesn't have one yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Yeah brand new line on a non carrier so should pass BB test according to a local Eircom engineer as next door have it already. I have been waiting for 3 years!!! So im more in need than most:)

Im still recovering from my good experience with Eircom today , went out and treated myself to a double Qtr pounder meal in McDonalds !!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

Eircom can indeed get it right sometimes, I was waiting for a line for 2 months but that was due to the workers on the new estate not having the houses set up properly for the engineers to install, but once the house was ready they were very quick to set it up, it then took a week for my line to pass the broadband test and now a further week on I have my broadband, still have to recieve their modem...but for now I'm using the ole Zyxel one BT managed to give me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

Dellas wrote:

The least they could do for you is be nice to you on the phone - you are, after all, paying over the odds for one of the poorest value Broadband services out there at the moment, with the highest contention, lowest download cap etc etc ... but at least they are being "nice" about it! :rolleyes:

They are probably all feeling very good about themselves now after that successful mugging of Smart that they were totally let off the hook for too.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

art wrote:
    The least they could do for you is be nice to you on the phone - you are, after all, paying over the odds for one of the poorest value Broadband services out there at the moment, with the highest contention, lowest download cap etc etc ... but at least they are being "nice" about it! :rolleyes:

Question ::: 1/ Are you on BB at the moment ????
    2/ Have you been waiting years for a BB connection ???

Well I can answer no to Q1 and yes to Q2 so I would be happy to pay for BB and a new line connection . Im desperate for BB and will be grateful to get any BB . Eircom arnt great but beggers cant be choosers

Advertisement