Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Not allowed drive through M50 road works?

Options
  • 18-10-2006 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭

Just curious is there anything to stop you driving through the road works on the M50? Sitting in the traffic the other day I was tempted to blast up through the works! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭DaDa

yesterday afternoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Well not yesterday afternoon (I heard the traffic reports so sat in work til after 7) traffic started at Tallaght so I rat-raced it home...but on a few occasions I've been tempted.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Was sorely tempted to follow one of the Motorway Maintenance pick-ups up the grass on the central reservation last week - until I saw how bouncy it was.

Avoided last night's mess by going for the East Link - took me 3 1/2 hours to get home so I think I'll stick to a stopped M50 rather than an even worse alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I could very much be wrong here, but because part of the roadworks is still a public roadway, then you technically may drive on it.

That's not to say however that you're exempt from a dangerous driving conviction for this action, or trespassing for driving a few mm off of the old roadway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

why what was wrong with the m50 yesterday?

• Advertisement

drdre wrote:
    why what was wrong with the m50 yesterday?
    Yesterday was particularly bad from what I heard....there was a spit of rain and suddenly people lost all ability to drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I went from Blanch to tallaght yesterday at 5 and it was grand, Navan rd was jammed but other than that all was well

Onkle51 wrote:
    I went from Blanch to tallaght yesterday at 5 and it was grand, Navan rd was jammed but other than that all was well
    Ah yeh Southbound is grand in the evenings.....Northbound was backed up to Leopardstown! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

fletch wrote:
    Ah yeh Southbound is grand in the evenings.....Northbound was backed up to Leopardstown! :eek:

Actually - it was back to Cornellscourt (speeling?), either then next junction or the one after that from Leopardstown. :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Someone crashed last night and everyone Northbound gawked at it. I left work in Loughlinstown at 1640 and got to Sandyford where the queue started. I jibbed off up past Lamb Doyles then through the estates to the Firhouse slip - weirdly there was no one at the toll itself. Was home in Swords by 1805, they were quoting 90 mins from Tallaght to Lucan at 1700...

Carnage, and it's only getting worse, three lanes or not.

Back to the post though, I think I saw someone doing this this morning. A silver Rover 45 Saloon went flying up the otherside of the barrier and just emerged further up. It was about 0650, there were very few workmen about, but it could have been an employee of the works

• Advertisement
Advertisement