Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Page Needs To Be Refreshed To View Updates

Options
  • 18-10-2006 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Been having a spot of bother with my site.
    www.thegudmen.com

For some strange reason every time I make a change to a page on the site and upload it the page needs to be refreshed to view the changes. Not much use for people who don't know to refresh the page.

I'm assuming this is some sort of caching issue. I know it's not just me that has this problem however as I've had a few others check it out.

I've never had this problem with any site I did before and it has me shtumped! :confused:

It was recommended that I try adding this
    <META HTTP-EQUIV="CACHE-CONTROL" CONTENT="NO-CACHE">

to the page but it's still the same.

Any thoughts lads?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Anybody who visits the site for the first time will see the most updated version, but you're right, the refresh is due to the page being cached.

Here's a short discussion, you could try the solution in the second post:

http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum21/10286.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

I'll look into that FTG, thanks.
    So is it a site problem or a hosting problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Junior

Neither it's browser based ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Why is it that I only experience the problem with my website?
    Surely if it was the browser cache any website I check would require me to refresh the page to see the new content?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Simply because other websites have discovered and remedied the issue.

However you can't be sure every other page has, you wouldn't know if you're seeing the most updated content unless you refreshed the page. See what I mean? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭comer_97

using asp you can use the code here

http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=1034

Advertisement