Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

e61 firmware update

• 18-10-2006 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

my phone e61 was bought on expansys sim free unlocked version..

model e61-1
    code: 0538289
    type RM-89

on the sticker on the box i have

nokia e61-1 UK CV

what country is this code 0538289 meant for?

my software versions are

19-04-06
    RM-89
    NOKIA E61
    when i try and update the fone with the nokia updater,,,,program
    i get the same results, no firmware update available. no matter what pc i try it on,, i know theres a later firmware version out there.... whats wrong that i cant update it? there seems to me a fair few people out there with this issue!!

anyone know what the problem is? apparently there are loads of people with the same problem

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

what_car wrote:
    just got a new e61, with the firmware

19-04-06
    rm-89
    nokia e61

downloaded nokias firmware updater and tried updating the firmware, but got the message that there were no updates available...

i did a search on the web and it tells me that there is a version 2.000xxxx or something available.

how come my fone is not picking it up?
    has anyone upgraded the firmware on an e61?

also what does the RM89 mean?

cheers

You probably have Vodafone Ireland branded firmware, there may not be a version 2 variant of this yet.

Most phone shops should be able to flash it with generic ver 2 for you

RM-89 is the Nokia product code for the E61

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

i bought the fone sim free from expansys!
    so there is no branding on it... i readfrom google that this is an issue with the e61

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Firmware can be found @ http://www.nokia.com/A4176089

firmware for the e61 is at version 2.618.06.05. this is the latest for product code 0538289.

on my e61 im running 1.0610.04.04 product code 0538289.

nokia's web updater program does not have this new version available.

does anyone know when this will be available online?

apparently there are tons of users with the same firmware version as me with the same issue.

rang the local nokia service centre said he couldnt update my fone as he had not got the equipment.

i dont have the time to drive all round ireland looking for a nokia service centre to update my fone.... does anyone have an idea of when the firmware might be updated on their webupdater?

or what other options do i have? i hear that you can flash an e61 with the jafbox and you get access to the latest firmwares with the jafbox...

what other options do i have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

what_car wrote:
    firmware for the e61 is at version 2.618.06.05. this is the latest for product code 0538289.

on my e61 im running 1.0610.04.04 product code 0538289.

nokia's web updater program does not have this new version available.

does anyone know when this will be available online?

apparently there are tons of users with the same firmware version as me with the same issue.

rang the local nokia service centre said he couldnt update my fone as he had not got the equipment.

i dont have the time to drive all round ireland looking for a nokia service centre to update my fone.... does anyone have an idea of when the firmware might be updated on their webupdater?

or what other options do i have? i hear that you can flash an e61 with the jafbox and you get access to the latest firmwares with the jafbox...

what other options do i have?

A Nokia service centre will have the the equipment to flash, sounds like the person you spoke to didn't know what he was talking about.

E61 can be easily flashed using JAF, I did it for all our office E61.

if you are around Dublin or Wicklow can do it for you, takes less than 10 mins

• Advertisement

thanks for the info where bouts in dublin are you based?

thanks

skearon wrote:
    A Nokia service centre will have the the equipment to flash, sounds like the person you spoke to didn't know what he was talking about.

E61 can be easily flashed using JAF, I did it for all our office E61.

if you are around Dublin or Wicklow can do it for you, takes less than 10 mins

hi there where can i buy a jaf box, and what equipment do i need to purchase? cables etc etc... is the firmware that you get with the jaf box genuine nokia firmware?

Advertisement