Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sound Problem

• 18-10-2006 5:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭

Have a Acer notebook with Realtek AC'97 onboard sound running XP Pro SP2. Don't know when it started but windows sound isn;t working i.e. can't add icon to system tray, no sounds on exit and startup. In sound properties the play button is greyed out. However I can hear Media Player and Realplayer.
    Tried downloading and reinstalling latest drivers with no joy. I think it was caused by a Windows Update. Unfortunately I removed older system restore points recently and going back to my earliest didn't fix it. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Try Start->Run->services.msc in the box and then scroll down to Windows Audio and make sure that process is Started and set on Automatic in the Property sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭theshadow

No it's started alright and set to Automatic. The dependencies seem fine as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

It's not set to play digital only or something like that, by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Don't think Windows Update caused it unless it downloaded a driver that it thought was newer than the one you had.

Re: digital. Where would that be set?

• Advertisement

Finally got it sorted. See link below:
    http://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/t306701.html

Thanks for all replys.

Advertisement