Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any breakers around Drogheda/Dundalk?

Options
  • 18-10-2006 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Theres a place on the Duleek Road. Can't find a number for you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Dingatron wrote:
    Theres a place on the Duleek Road. Can't find a number for you though.

Yep, on the road between Duleek and Kilmoon Cross

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭justagirl

B.S. Parts Ltd
    Contact details
    B.S. Parts Ltd
    Boiles Duleek Co Meath Meath T (01)8352107
    M (087)2566380
    F (041)9880299

Think this is the one....

• Registered Users Posts: 19 cormacmccann

You're better to get parts from breakers in the north, they are much more organised and are significantly cheaper.

I got a clio 1.2L engine for £250 with 2800 miles on it. The best I could get here was €700 and they thought there was at least 40,000 miles on it they thought. Check www.yell.co.uk for car dismantlers and you should get a few. Ring them and they'll be able to tell you what they have in stock and should be able to give you a price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Thanks for the advice people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

You're better to get parts from breakers in the north, they are much more organised and are significantly cheaper.

I agree go up north. I went looking for a drivers side mirror for the car about 3 - 4 weeks ago, new at the dealers was €90 + VAT, a breakers round Cooley it was €30. Ended up getting a genuine mirror from Traynor's in Armagh for €24 :eek:. Dealers down here must be getting them up there and making one hell of a profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Yeah and that Traynors place used to do daily deliveries to McKevitts garage at the Lisdoo in Dundalk (across from Rice & Roddy). So you'd order your parts and they'd be at Mckevitts the next day and you'd hand over your hard earned.
    At least they used to, don't know if they still have that arrangement.

Advertisement