Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT broadband.

Options
  • 18-10-2006 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi all,

I recently got BT broadband installed (1 meg) and all is going well except for one small thing.

When I am online, and I make or recieve a phone call, the broadband cuts out. Then when the call is finished, the broadband reboots itself and I can go on line again.

Is it something I am doing wrong (settings etc) or is it BT's fault.

Just wondering if anyone has come across this before.

Cheers,
    Ted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

did you fit the supplied dsl filters to all the phones in the house, the modem doesn't need one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

yep, you need to use the filters. if You didnt get any give bt a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Do you have a microsplitter on your phone line? This device has two outputs on it: one for your ADSL modem/router and the other for your telephone.

You need this to separate the frequencies used by each. Otherwise, as I understand, the problems you're experiencing at the moment may occur.

> EDIT: Just posted now. You all beat me to it! Opened this thread in a tab and got carried away with the others ...

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭outsidethe65

I got 4 filters in the installation pack. One had 2 outputs. I used this to connect to the back of the router and the other to the phone line in use. I also have some more phone points around the house that are not being used. Do I need to put the connectors into these too?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭outsidethe65

How do I seperate the frequencies?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I also have some more phone points around the house that are not being used. Do I need to put the connectors into these too?

every one with a phone or sky box in it, they will have one port on them not 2 as they are for phones only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭parliament

I got 4 filters in the installation pack. One had 2 outputs. I used this to connect to the back of the router and the other to the phone line in use. I also have some more phone points around the house that are not being used. Do I need to put the connectors into these too?

Is the splitter physically connected to the router? The splitter needs to be connected to the phone socket in the wall and from that point connect to the router and to the phone

Advertisement