Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of LeinsterBroadband

Options
  • 18-10-2006 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭

I first contacted Leinsterbroadband on 13th June to see if there was any chance of getting service from their Dunlavin transmitter.

They seemed to forget me for weeks but they suddenly turned up in July to do a site survey...without the correct equipment to establish whether I could get reception or not:( . But this was fine, because one of them was going to pop back with the correct equipment the following week, and they were almost sure they would be able to get a signal:) .

It is now September 18th, and all I had since have been calls that were never returned, promises to call me later, (or even in two minutes) that just never happened.

Last week I called and explained at length why I needed a definate answer one way or the other. Dialup is REALLY bad here there is little or no hope of the lines being enabled any time soon. I am an heavy user and if I can't get Broadband in the next 12 months I need to switch to Vodaphone dataconnect asap, because at least then I will not be paying massive excess call charges and will be able to drive 10 miles either way to get 3g downloads. I was told that he would get someone to call me that evening to discuss it.

Nobody called.

Today I chased them up at 4:45pm to be told to give him the number and he would get back to me in two minutes, it is now 7:20pm. I have texted and called but not been able to get anyone to respond.

They can't even bother to give me an answer one way or the other, as to whether they can provide service, which is all I am asking for at this stage.:mad:

I don't even want to have nightmares about what it would be like to try and get them to resolve connection problems if I did have an account.

Well I wasn't bluffing, today I was just calling one more time, just in case, before going with Vodaphone dataconnect.

We only have GPRS here at present but it has to be better than dial in so bad I have to access it at 33kbps max most of the day.

As for Leinsterbroadband, I have really begun to believe that it is no more than a legend...

Advertisement