Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colouring hair at home

• 18-10-2006 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Does anyone know of a salon suppliers who will sell colourants to the general public? I'm sick of paying hundreds of euro a year to have my hair highlighted when i could do almost as good a job myself. I've done loads of research into the exact colours i need and have had lots of practice with highlighting techniques. Thing is, when i go into a salon suppliers and ask for the colours and developers i want, they kind of tell me off for trying to do it myself. Anyone know of a helpful suppliers?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Do you really think you could do as good a job of it yourself as a hairdresser could? You can't even see the back of your head, or easily reach around there. I think it's extremely inadvisable. If you don't want to pay the money, and don't particularly care about the quality, get it coloured by a trainee hairdresser. It costs a fraction of the price and is usually very professional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

There's a supply shop on (Middle?) Abbey Street in Dublin. It's a few shops down from the corner of (Middle?) Abbey & O'Connell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Busterpuss

daiixi wrote:
    There's a supply shop on (Middle?) Abbey Street in Dublin. It's a few shops down from the corner of (Middle?) Abbey & O'Connell.

terrisales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

You have to be a hairdresser to buy from Terrisales because the chemicals are stronger. Why don't you just buy a normal dye from the chemist.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 niamhey

I used to highlight my own hair with ordinary home hair colours but you have so little control over the final shade, especially if you're lightening, that it really doesn't do a good job. I someone elso to do the back for me though, faith, you're right - it would be impossible to do the back myself! I'm definitely considering going to a trainee but can you ask for exactly what you want or are you limited to what they need to do? Can anyone recommend a good one?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

AFAIK you can specify what you want done when you make the appointment. They do certain times for certain things (eg. Thursday nights for colouring, Tuesday nights for cutting etc).

Advertisement