Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychology Thread

Options
  • 18-10-2006 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

A click of muppets. Turning debate into argument as they lack any kind of knowledge and depth in what stance they take.

There should be another forum not full of self obsessed stuck up floaters.

The flimsy muppetry of that forum when it could be a great forum. It languishes under the thumb of tunnel visioned clicks including playboy, analyse this, peter p. Two fingers.

Ill find a decent site to debate and where you cant sit in your corner scowling with your arched eyebrow ''safe'' in the knowledge you ''studied'' for a few years.

That forum died along time ago id say. iF DEVORE and any admin is listening just have a look at it its run like a fking creche. They dont know the meaning of ''forum'' and ''psychology''.

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

careful now..

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

OK....instead of going off on a big rant about how crap something is, how about you engage and give us some clue as to exactly what the problem is, where it exists, and any suggestions you may have as to how to remedy the situation?

You say "Psychology Thread", but I'm going to assume you're generally unhappy with the Psychology forum as a whole. Care to point out some examples (read: post links) of behaviours or attitudes which you believe to be stifling the discussion?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Ill find a decent site to debate

Okay, bye now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 JohnWishbone11

well its a disgrace ! The psychoanalysis thread in the psychology forum.

There are definitely alot of people who would enjoy lively and educated debate at all levels not ''superior'' and certain not ''**** the student'' level of psychology what ever that is.

Plenty of give from the ''establishment'' on that dried up forum but there are a lot of people who would post in a lively open forum not a cabined forum ..so with all due respect...have you anything to add apart from throwing in the boot.

Edited:

by the time i scribed the top half of this you had posted Seamus.

I think an elitist attitude purveys the forum and young psychologists who bring maybe ''old hat'' to them but with maybe fresh takes and definitely will bring fresh opinions and results are stifled and shot down.

Jasus - i challenged him to a debate and never mind the ban, it was dismissed which is the perogative of the forum participant however i think its monopoly of thought and how to behave and seems to protects their own interests.

I am irate and i am pretty rational but this is a passion for many reasons and it seems pretty rich of the ascendency to shut down a new pipeline of energy into there. I hope this is making sense. I will edit and distill to the elements of my point later on when chilled after tea and scones.

Faith -> not sure your business is required, but something worth having is worth scraping for.

Johnny Wishbone

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Maybe you should stop posting like a 14-year-old and learn some manners. In certain fora on this site there is an etiquette that you can pick up as you go along. You do not come here to dictate how the site is run.

If you have something to say that you think might be valuable, say it. Don't resort to calling us all muppets and saying you're off to find a better site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

The psychology forum is a relatively young one on boards, so I'd like to think the phrase "died along time ago" doesn't apply to it. hopefully the forum is improving and certainly any constructive criticisms or suggestions can and will be taken on board.

With regard to people posting on the forum, in general I'm delighted with the knowledge and experience of some of the posters who frequent the forum. In general when asked reasonable questions they are extremely helpful.

Possibly there could be a little more going on within the forum and we could possibly work on that. There was actually a thread opened before seeking suggestions to improve the forum but that didn't attract too much attention, maybe time to try again I guess...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 JohnWishbone11

I applaud the fact that you distilled down a long meandering, slightly driving in a dogem rant. So thank you for that P.Pete.

I will apply for a ban lift in one weeks time and adhere to the tone quality required for the forum. Hopefully I can bring a little something to the forum itself and 'died a long time ago' was harsh and overstated. Apologies for that.

Regarding 'click of muppets' - well lets just leave that alone. Im not going to do a pontius pilate on what i said.

Regarding the use of 'Click' its simply the lazimans version of clique and linguistic should chill about it (REF: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055004931 ). To reach Q on the keyboard required more effort than C and i was in full frontal lobotomy mode.(making a point).

Colm.

Advertisement