Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Than Normal Thyroid Level

Options
  • 18-10-2006 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys

I know this isint a medical forum but I just wanted to ask if anybody has had a similar experiance to us.

My wife was told she has a slightly elevated thyroid level. She is just over 5 months pregnant and up to now everything has gone by the book so its just a little worrying that we have been told this....

I just wanted to know if this was a common complaint during pregnancy and if there is any problems that this could or might cause.:(

thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I don't know how common the problem is with pregnancy. But for what it's worth my wife is in the final trimester of her second pregnancy with no thyroid gland. She had it removed 4 years ago. Her thyroid levels, T3, T4 and TSH all fluctuate considerably during pregancy and her medication is adjusted regularly and she has had no problems - but then the doctors are aware of her condition.

I'm not aware of what problems it may cause or how thyroid function can be controlled with someone with a functioning thyroid, ,but I would suggest making a call to your GP and asking him/her for his/her opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭neoB

I was told mine was the highest she ever had seen.
    I've had my meds changed three times due to them just not helping at all.
    But mine was messed, it was just worse being pregnant.
    Had to get an ultrasound, make sure baby was developing well. Everything is going dandy. I'm due in a month and half. Glad I got the meds because I tell you it was hard to do anything. Imo, even when I forget to take meds, I worry oh no, is my baby going to be fine? Doc assures me everything is normal and keep doing what i'm doing so, to her, I hope she doesn't worry to much to make herself sick. IT could always be something worse so be thankful its not.

Advertisement