Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Darver[near Knockbridge,OUtside Dundalk]

Options
  • 18-10-2006 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

does anyone know of any companys who do darver?i now bt ,eircom and digiweb dont......i know net 1 do but ive been ringing every week since the start of july to get them out for a line test but they havew not come out................any help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Guv

Hi there,

Where abouts in darver?

I am moving to the area and imo basically we are fcuked on the broadband front. The only option is satellite and this is too costly and imo the best thing that will come our way is when sky tv roll out their satellite bb at a decent price.

I checked everything and 3g is out despite a good few mobile masts in the area the nearest 3g enabled vodafone mast is (from my contact in vodafone)

'I had a look at the 3G coverage in Darvey and surrounding area's from
    the cell Id's that you gave. The 3G coverage in Darver is non existent.
    The nearest town with coverage is Milltown/Milltown Grange and, even
    then, the 3G coverage there is very poor.'

I hope I am wrong on net 1 so please keep me informed on your progress!?

Thanks

OK my hat is in danger of being eaten! :-) I called net 1 and they are getting back onto me today. They have been enabled for the last 6 months technically in readypenny not darver. If there is no problem they will let me know if not they will do a line of sight test.

This is personally great news for me mate so big thumbs up on the post as the goverment website did not suggest that net 1 were offering bb in the area even as recently as 2 weeks ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Where is your nearest telephone exchange is it readypenny ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

im on readypenny according to the smart line checker

They never called back so I will try them again or corner a bloke in a van should I encounter one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

There is Eircom broadband available in Knockbridge isnt there :confused:

Advertisement