Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice on which Antec case to buy?

Options
  • 18-10-2006 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Ok so i'm in a bit of a dilemma as to which of these cases to choose.

Antec P180 Silver
    Antec Nine Hundred

On my right my sensible side is telling me I want a quite PC with adequate cooling but on my left side that little demon is telling me i'd really be happier with the nine hundred, 200mm fan for flipsake and a tray to hold my keys and junk... plus its cheaper, but i'm betting its noisy as hell.

So I need advice. I'd be swayed towards the p180 if I knew it could cool at roughly the same level as the nine hundred, as i'm guessing the nine hundred has no soundproofing. Plus if I removed the door on the p180 does it dramatically effect the soundproofing of it? Can it be removed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

boo you stole my word "dilemma"

hmm the p180 has got a great air flow and sound proofing.have a look at the stacker big /semi noisy but it tis a beauty.

hmm like the look of that gaming antec case.

would go for a stacker/p180

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Ive had both a stacker and P180

Stacker is an easier build because its so bloody big, but uts a little flimsy and can be noisy.
    P180 can be a pain to build in and cable management is a nightmare (don't use a Hiper typeR psu....trust me!) but is quiet and built like a tank.

My next case is a Lian Li V2000 that I purchased from unklerosco (who I think got it from Wizzard).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

hopeful wrote:
    My next case is a Lian Li V2000 that I purchased from unklerosco (who I think got it from Wizzard).

Great cases, I would never get one as I would cry if I had to mod it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I agree with hopefull... Antec P180, great Idea, greatly flawed... Its a pain to work with.. Im using the P150 now n its a great little case..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

how is the p150 for cooling? Is it meant more as a silent solution than a cooling one? I mean it only has one exhaust fan at the back if you don't count the PSU. Can you mount a 120mm at the front to avail of the side vents?

EDIT: nevermind, just had a look at the tech drawings, so you can put 2x12cm fans in the front, the same as the p180? The p150 actually seems like a better option now. It mightn't have the PSU at the bottom which is something I was hoping to try out or the different chambers, but it is more compact, is reviewed as being quite and would be a sight better than the my qtec pos.

I'd still like to know how it copes with cooling unklerosco? Do you overclock with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

p180ftw !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

There's space for 2x80mm fans at the front... They'll blow straight over the Hds... Im using a celron based system in it, 3hds n a passivly cooled ati 9600.. Dont have any fans in the case n it still runs fairly cool.. Near enough silent too.. For a system like urs id go for a bigger case tho..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

aaagghh :confused: which to choose.

I was actually thinking I might hold out until the p190 is released but there isn't even any information about a release date for it. In fact what they've done to it I could probably mod myself into the p180, if the release photos are even real that is. I'm considering the whored super Lanboy now. It has the front and back 12cm fans i'm looking for and is very cheap. Has anyone had any experience with these? How are they noise wise?

000349924.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I've a P150 (or solo, i forget, its the black one) and i like it. It's more quiet than my sonata was (except for the 600W ocz psu i got from a rma). I only have the rear 120mm fan and psu as exhaust, i ditched my fan controler and there fore wasnt able to connect 2 front 92mm fans.
    CPU never hits 50, amd 64 3200 winchester with a sp90. HDD's stay bellow 45, lower with the 2 fans on. I can actually run my HIS X800XL passive with the coolers fan only kicking in above 52C which it only really does when gaming.
    I find it a good case and paired with quiet fans remains a pretty quiet system (the reason i got the case for). I dont think cooling really is a problem here, its better than my old sonata, i cant compare to a P180 thou

• Advertisement
Advertisement