Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prof. Kawashima's: Brain Training only for N DS?

Options
  • 18-10-2006 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

I want to get this game, but is it only available on the Nintendo DS ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Damm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I thought I saw it for pc in game the other day , but wasn't properly paying attention , will have a better look tomorrow .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

DS lites will set you back €150 in your local games shop these days, which isn't half bad.

Besides, what other console/system would it work on in terms of gameplay besides the DS (and possibly the wii). PC version, lol. Lets use our mice to draw numbers. F-U-N.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

If you look around, you coud pick up a DS lite with New Super Mario Bros and Brain Training for under 200. You won't be disapponted!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭EWheelChair

I was going to reply to this thread but i forgot what i was going to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

I was going to reply to this thread but i forgot what i was going to say.

With Brain Training you can actually improve your memory and not forget what you were going to say :D

disclaimer: may or may not be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭EWheelChair

I wasn't serious ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

There's a PSP version too, it's due out in Europe in November. It's called Dr. Kawashima's Mind Quiz, essentially the same thing as far as I know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

steviec wrote:
    There's a PSP version too, it's due out in Europe in November. It's called Dr. Kawashima's Mind Quiz, essentially the same thing as far as I know.

And no where near as good as far as I've heard. You should just get a DS. The games on it are excellent much better than whats available on the PSP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Retr0gamer wrote:
    And no where near as good as far as I've heard. You should just get a DS. The games on it are excellent much better than whats available on the PSP.

Already have both :)

I've never played Brain Training though, puzzle books seem like better value to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Buy a DS Lite! Do it do it do it do it.

Subliminal messaging: buy buy buy buy buy buy buy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Khalim wrote:
    With Brain Training you can improve you can actually improve your memory and not forget what you were going to say :D

disclaimer: may or may not be true
    Does it improve your grammar as well?

FutureGuy wrote:
    If you look around, you coud pick up a DS lite with New Super Mario Bros and Brain Training for under 200. You won't be disapponted!
    I don't want to spend 200 eurons just to play Prof. Kawashima's: Brain Training.

:(

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, can I rent consoles ??? There's a good business idea now.

/write idea down so no one robs it...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

With advance wars, castlevania, Quendan andnew super mario bros. and many more it would be a crime to only have brain training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Agreed. Get a DS. Its a long term investment. With Final Fantasy 3 coming out soon, and Bioware releasing RPGs for it in the rear future.
    DS PWNS PSP. Fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

To be honest, Brain Training is fun, but you'll be bored of it after a week. The Sudoku puzzles (built in) are excellent and extend its life a little bit.

I'm not really a gamer (please don't ban me from the forum), I just would like to play that game. I have a PS2.

:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

BreadBoard wrote:
    I'm not really a gamer (please don't ban me from the forum), I just would like to plat that game. I have a PS2.

:)

Prepare for a banning ;)
    Seriously a DS is a very good investment even it you aren't that much of a gamer. Two words : Phoenix Wright. You'll never look back.
    Havent 'played' Brain Training myself, doesn't really appeal to me.

Might talk my sis into gonig halfs on one, how much are we talking on a Nintendo DS ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

BreadBoard wrote:
    Might talk my sis into gonig halfs on one, how much are we talking on a Nintendo DS ?

Ye should easily be able to pick one up with a game or two for well under the two note mark. Look around for some bundles, play have one with Brain Training for 165, but alas, they may not be shipping to Ireland (not a 100% sure on that).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

steviec wrote:
    Already have both :)

I've never played Brain Training though, puzzle books seem like better value to me...

The game is 30 quid! It uses intuitive input mechanisms and features a Sudoku game worthy of being a separate product.

That and it works. I've gotten faster at doing simple maths from playing it in the real world, not in the game as you could just get better at the game. You learn tricks to do the sums faster and the same with the other games.

I've done the 20 smal sums thing in 14 seconds. I was pretty happy with that.
    jonski wrote:
    I thought I saw it for pc in game the other day , but wasn't properly paying attention , will have a better look tomorrow .

It's a Nintendo console and a Nintendo game. It's not out for anything but Nintendo's console. Why the hell would they release it for Pc?

You should also check out Big Brain Academy which isn't really as good but it might be worth a look if you like this kind of thing. It's also being released on Nintendo's home console Wii when it releases in December.

Altogether it'll cost you 180 for the console and the game unless you buy preowned or second hand somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

Balfa wrote:
    Does it improve your grammar as well?

Touche.

That will teach me to be smart. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

jonski wrote:

Maybe you saw this ?
    http://play.com/Games/PC/4-/1121133/-/Product.html?searchstring=brain&searchsource=0

Advertisement