Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I just change the cradle in a car kit?

• 19-10-2006 12:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

A car I am looking at buying has a car kit fitted, the ubiquitous Nokia 6310i type. My current phone is a Nokia 6680, obviously too big for the old cradle. I also have an option of an upgrade to a 6233, which the Nokia site says is compatible with the kit but I can't see how the old aerial connection from the 6310 would not be at least in the way, if not damaging the camera.

Is it a case of changing the cradle to suit?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

I'm guessing here, but I think you'll have to get a new kit :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You can get a pop-port adapter from the 6310 to current pop-port phones, once they sit in the same cradle.

It's a bit hit and miss though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

The kit you describe is the Cark 91 (best kit ever made) Dont think the 6233 is compatable with the cark 91..
    Just looked it up on the web and your right it says its compatable but I cant see how..
    Ther was a spurius cable which converted a cark 91 to a cark 126 But they wernt any more reliable than the pop port converter.. you'd be better of getting a new kit allright the cradle adaptor only suit the smaller pop port models and (as ciaran fo said above) they are entirely hit and miss in their operation .Plus its obviously old ..could die any day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭v10

The Nokia Converter CA-55 is used to convert the old CARK91 kits to Pop-Port phones, but the 6680 is not listed as compatible with it. Anyway the cables are about €70 and the CR-27 Cradle for the 6680 is about €45 so thats €115 and dunno if it'll work and no bluetooth .. buy a CK7W kit and be done with it.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Thanks for the info gang.

Now can anyone tell me if I buy the new kit, can the old cables be used? i.e. just swap out the controller (or whatever it's called), as it's a very, very neat job as is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭v10

milltown wrote:
    Thanks for the info gang.

Now can anyone tell me if I buy the new kit, can the old cables be used? i.e. just swap out the controller (or whatever it's called), as it's a very, very neat job as is.
    The antenna can be used .. everything else needs to be changed ! I don't think the Mic and Speaker are even compatible anymore.

Advertisement