Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recharging phone

• 19-10-2006 12:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭

I've got into the habit of recharging my phone every night even though the battery isn't fully empty. Is this bad for the phone? Its a Nokia N91

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Very very bad.... Well not for the phone but the battery you'll get a short life span from the battery if you charge it this way.

I charge my N70 when it gets to the last bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It will extend the life of the battery if you only recharge it when it is getting a bit low. You don't want to end up overcharging it which can happen if you have it pretty full, take it off and a few moments later, recharge it again. Get into a routine of charging it overnight or something if you use it a lot everyday and the battery goes well down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

thats bad for your battery.

If you use your phone alot get a spare BL-5C battery and carry it with you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

If its a NiCad ( Nickel Cadmium) battery its bad, if its a NiMh (Nickel Metal Hydride) its fine. Nicads have a memory effect which means that if they are regularly topped up after a few hours use they will start to only give a few hours use.....

• Advertisement

jpfahy wrote:
    If its a NiCad ( Nickel Cadmium) battery its bad, if its a NiMh (Nickel Metal Hydride) its fine. Nicads have a memory effect which means that if they are regularly topped up after a few hours use they will start to only give a few hours use.....
    Doesn't say NiCad or NiMh on mine, just Li-ion ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

jpfahy wrote:

Very old skool if you have Nickel Cadmium. :) Li-ion would be Lithium Ion.

With Lithium Ion the opposite is true. If you let it run down too low too often then it can affect the battery's performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

What type of batteries do they have on the iPod ? And which method of recharging would be best, top up every night or when it's fully empty ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

All you could ever want to know about batteries, and more...

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

Yeah the battery university link is great - straightforward advice.

The table on this page gives you good info.

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/partone-23.htm

Basically Li-Ion batteries (the most common in new phones) should only be fully discharged once a month. Otherwise, charge as you like.

Edit: Ipods are Li-Ion too, well at least mine is.

Advertisement