Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check out Cloud's bike that I made in 3d Max

Options
  • 19-10-2006 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭

303655791a2297819216b631978586l.jpg

Just finished this today for a college project. I'm well happy with this cos before the summer I was unbelievably useless as this sorta thing. It's the bike from the FFVII game but made to the level (I think) of Advent Children. I spent about 3 weeks doin it for college. Most of that time, I spent learning how to use the programme, 3D Max from scratch. So yea, no one in college is into Final Fantasy so I thought I'd post it here. I'll be putting it into a film of somesort later on..

oh, and here's a link my Bebo gallery with work in progress pics..

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbum.jsp?PhotoAlbumId=2120837842

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Very impressive especially for somebody using the software for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

great stuff, looks class!

Just out of curiosity, what's the college course?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Model Making and Design for Film and Media or something along those lines I'd imagine.

Anyway, well done on the bike, it really looks like you put a good deal of time and effort into it. It's doubly impressive when you take into account the fact that you din't know how to use the programme when you first started the project.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Good job man :D
    Just so ye know...the bike is called "Fenrir" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Very cool. Pity its such an ugly ugly yellow though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

It'd look better if you added a reflection map to the material that you use most if you're planning on keeping it that way. Damn fine job though. It's been ages since I've done any modelling stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

the yellow clour is because of the way it's been lit. there is a bit of reflection mapping on some of the parts. I had to make it to resemble a resin model of the bike that I have; the idea being that it has to look exactlylike a toy that we chose for the project. the colours and all are the same as the bike I was making. and also that's why a lot of the texturing is quite plain. sometime I'll make realistic metal / rusty textures for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Now do a Kaneda's bike! :D

Advertisement